Saturday, June 05, 2010

Andrea and Chuck's wedding! / Taking zingers!

High-scoring words of the afternoon:

TAKERS (215 points) - against Josephine S. [2W, 5W used twice, hook off EF for a plural]
ETHION (167 points) - against George M. [3W, 5W, hook off US to make NU]
ZINGERS (108 points) - against Sharon W. [2W, 3W]


Eric called me earlier than I thought he would (at about 10), so I had just enough time to change and cram a piece of bread in my mouth to tide me over till the reception. As I thought (and as he said), I failed at being discreet when I told him what I'd done yesterday. He had spent his night trying to play WORLD OF WARCRAFT, but the server was apparently having issues, so he did something else instead. Of course, he said he'd tell my sister about it, so I told him to make sure my mother was nowhere nearby. However, he knows that what he tells Steph about that WILL get back to Mom! DAMN! He had to sing the DARKWING DUCK theme - I was impervious to it today for some reason, however. When I told him in general terms what Dave and I had done yesterday, he thought that "Twinkle" sounded shady. I said that there wasn't anything more to it, and by "anything more," I meant something salacious... NOT conversational substance! (would have taken me too long to tell him all that - I'm sure he doesn't really care, anyhow)

We got to church a little later than we thought we would (darn traffic), and the sanctuary was already kinda full. The wedding started half an hour late, and I had to sit very near Eric due to the crowded conditions! He joked that Chuck WAS a doctor, so he could be even later with his own wedding - so true! We sat by Rick, Vivian's family, and others... I saw Auntie Teresa at the end of the pew, and resolved not to say anything to her. (when I saw Auntie Ying, I didn't say anything to her either!) Saw a whole bunch of kids: Megan, Micah, Isaac, Anne, Olivia, Gabriel, Ian, Connor, and others. Heard Christon laugh a few times from the other end of the sanctuary - oh yes, it's that distinctive! Eric said that he should have left his sunglasses in the car, but had brought them with him - oh well, as long as he had them when we left! He wondered whether I'd like to transit to the new convention centre tonight for the banquet, adding that he could leave his car at the Bridgeport Park n'Ride, and that it was near Waterfront Station - sure, it's smart and avoids parking hassles! As long as he knows where we're going, I think I should be okay like I was yesterday with Dave, haha. Eric will feel weird taking transit in a suit, but figures that businessmen do it all the time.

While we were waiting, he took a bunch of pictures, and observed that Jon could play stuff on the piano and look around the room at the same time. (he said my face was too big, and I said "Excuse me?!" - he said I was far too easy to get a reaction out of - and that I was too close to the camera) Eric wondered whether Jon would play the guitar, piano, and violin - not at the same time... and Dylan and Vanessa were helping him out in any event. Then he wondered how Dylan had managed to lead worship last week, asking if I'd gone to church. I had, and told him that Dylan was on the piano while Christon rounded out the skeleton worship team by leading! I noticed someone with the first name "Chevy" in the program, and also noticed that Megan's name wasn't italicized on the wedding party list! Four bridesmaids, two matrons of honor, and a lot of groomsmen and best men - CROWDED! When the decoration helpers were scattering flower petals down the aisle, Eric thought he heard someone tell them to "stop littering!" - I wouldn't be surprised if it were one of the kids, haha. Steph stopped by our pew to blow me kisses on Harmony's suggestion - AIYA! Things FINALLY got underway at 11:30, by which time some of the kids in the audience were getting restless. By the time things ended, they were REALLY making some noise! We all stayed for group photos later, then made our way to the fellowship hall.

I stuck by Eric, Jeremy, Christon, Isabel, Jon, Wesley, Harmony, Quan, Jessica, Lanie, Johnny, Dianne, Steph, and others. When I told Wesley that I'd seen Dave yesterday, he wanted to know what we did, so I told him in general terms - I didn't care if Jon and Harmony were within hearing distance! Then he wondered what Dave's excuse was for not being at church (I saw the post he'd told me about), so I told him - bike issues and drawing aren't impressive enough, apparently! (and I totally understand why Wesley would say that too, haha!) Harmony thanked me for the GOOD HUSBAND / GOOD WIFE books, and said that Jon would make a good housewife according to those, so of course I had to tell Jon to be her housewife! Hahaha! It was a good thing I left my jacket at home since it turned out to be a comparatively hot afternoon, unlike last year at this exact time where it was a little cooler than normal. I asked Harmony whether my mother had decided on a place or time for Monday's dinner - apparently, Burgoo is easy to get to, so I'll look that up later. Steph said that Mom had called it "Boo-Ger" several times yesterday ("they won't like Milestones since it's a chain - do they like that Boo-Ger place?"), and she'd given up correcting her on that after the fourth time. "Never mind!" Hahaha!

Jon went inside and came back, saying that there was plenty of fried chicken and some cheesecake blobs (as Quan called them) left - no, we didn't really want any more. I observed to Jeremy that the "light" lunch was heavy compared to what I'd had for DINNER yesterday! Talked about the wedding rehearsal, a potential LOUD table since all the NGS would be there (Danielle would totally raise the NOISE quotient!), and more! Saw John, Sophia, Elaine, Shally, Jen, Matt, Jeff, Anita, Allison, baby, Citrus (I so wanted to tell him that I saw the Citruso truck yesterday at Coal Harbor - maybe tonight), Danny, Helen K., Nicholas, Cory, Joshua, Keenan, Karen I., Mattias, David Marr, a bunch of the aforementioned kids, Mel, Frances, Winnie, Kenny, Uncle Richard, Auntie Gloria, Joe and Jeanie (just back from their honeymoon), and lots of other people.

Got a chance to personally congratulate Chuck when he went outside, too. Told Mel that his FB status was so cute - his son Micah wanted to imitate Daddy going to work, haha! His other son Isaac was awake, and it's the first time I've seen him NOT asleep! When I said hi to Jeff, I asked whether the new baby had a name yet: "Joanna - normal spelling" was the pleasant answer I received. Looked for Steph so I could tell her the news, but I can always tell her tonight - she'll have plenty of chances to see the baby in the future, anyhow. Baby Joanna was sleeping soundly, yay! I said hi to Ian, and asked whether he remembered my name - no. Got his brother Gabriel to give me a high-five, heh.

After a while, Eric said that we could leave in a couple of minutes. I used that time to tell Chrystal that I wouldn't be around this afternoon - she wouldn't, either! When I told her that Eric and I would be taking transit from Bridgeport Station, she said she should take transit from her place in Burnaby too! Chrystal said she'd call Auntie Vivian, so I got her to say that I wouldn't be there either. On the way home, Eric said that he hadn't told Steph what I did yesterday. I said that I hadn't told her that she'd be proud of me for walking more than a kilometre all told (I didn't want Dave to think I was a wimp even if my CP was valid for more rest than the hour we had by the water!), so he figured that I wouldn't tell her who I was with. Trust me, I'm sure you'll take care of that since you're crazy and incorrigible!

He said he wouldn't be able to raid in WOW tonight, but that's fine. Talked about THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN, FRINGE, Walter Bishop, the Urban Dictionary (the sense which Dave used "fringe" in a comment to me didn't seem to be in there), celebrating anniversaries, "southern regions," dirty minds, June 26-July 1 (Saturday to Thursday trip - I'll figure out the Sunday later if I don't forget and skip!), and more stuff. He'll call when he's ready to leave, since we do kinda want to be on time even if banquets start late! When I got home, I noticed that Henry had called... perfect! I returned the call, and it turns out that he can't make it to Awana either! Hey, I was going to call to tell him the same thing, so it all works out! I was going to take a nap, but I don't think I'll have much time to do so! (at least I put my bus pass in my pocket before I totally forgot...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home