Friday, May 14, 2010

NOT my night because of keys!

Eric was late picking me up, and then I wasted a few more minutes trying to find my keys. Finally, I had to ask my grandma for hers! She wasn't impressed, of course. Once I got in the car, Eric wondered if I'd had the key yesterday - yes, but I can't remember what I did with it after I entered the house! Yes, I looked through all my bags and pockets: NOT THERE! We picked up Geoffrey, and then the car ride turned mostly silent. When we got to church, I realized that I'd somehow lost Grandma's house key! I waited till the singing was over and we were passing around a sign-up sheet to tell Eric, who said we'd look for it later. ARE YOU INSANE?! DO YOU WANT SOME RANDOM CRAZY TO PICK IT UP?! Jon sat behind me when he was done worship, and told me to tell Grandma that Monday lunch worked better for him - sounds good, if she doesn't ask me WHY he's doing this like she did earlier today! (noticing Mr. Creep's place in the chapel, I sat next to Jose a few rows up and over) I told him that he had mail at the townhouse (so does Steph), so he said to bring it on Sunday - sure, since I just put it in my Sunday bag. Then he mentioned that he'd leave early for a concert... NICE! He also said that he was signing me up for a service project - I will get stranded, and how would I know if Mr. Creep signed up for the same thing?! Want nothing to do with him!

Uncle Stephen's talk was interesting - covered Adam and Noah and coincidences, generations, wine, being naked, and more. When it was over at 9:30, I made a beeline for Eric, so we went to the parkade. Geoffrey noticed us leaving, and Eric told him exactly why we were disappearing for a while, so I said that it was too much personal information. After a lot of looking around inside the car, Eric finally found it after ten minutes or so. He was feeling around under the seat, and it must have fallen out of my pocket somehow on the way to church! Unfortunately, Uncle Rex and Auntie Christina saw me waiting outside the car, and asked what I was doing apparently alone in the parkade! I put the key inside my water bottle after dumping the contents out on the ground. Eric said that I'd accidentally swallow it... well, Grandma doesn't know Jack Bauer torture techniques, haha.

When we got back to meet up with everyone, we talked to Cindy / Carmen / Vicky / Christon / Deb / Geoffrey about tomorrow's brunch (which Eric IS going to), losing it in terms of memory, retreat money, guides, Facebook, oranges, missing Dianne in Halifax (staying with Dennis), baby names, Asian names, school stress, sarcasm, the story of Grandma's key, and more. Behind us, Dylan was making plans to have a meal with Mr. Creep - thank goodness that I had an excuse already in mind involving my 90-year-old grandmother! Also, thank goodness that Geoffrey decided he was tired... we left at around 10 after Eric briefed Dylan on Committee Meeting, and I said goodnight to Wesley. If you're special, you'll get that from me - if not, then I won't say anything much! Raymond was wearing purple... ugh, it's one of my favorite colors! The ride to Geoffrey's was mostly silent, though I couldn't contain my distaste at seeing apostrophe abuse on a green-and-white awning as we passed by a bunch of businesses. (A #20 bus was just stopped in the middle of a lane, also - weird!)

After dropping Geoffrey off, Eric and I went to Safeway to get brunch materials for tomorrow, and some stuff for his parents too: Post cereal, Shreddies, large Omega-3 free-range eggs, Tropicana orange juice, juice boxes, and more. Eric convinced me that I might have more chance of losing my water bottle in the store vs. leaving it in the car - when we got back to the car, he pretended to "accidentally" swallow the key inside the water bottle. In turn, I made a "slit-throat" motion, haha. (and no, he is NOT going to pantomime my spitting on the keys!) Talked about Dave, Dawn, DARKWING, grammar fails, Tim Horton's, Dave's misfortunes, what a cog tooth really was (a bike tire has cogs, and the teeth are the pointy things), leaving the brunch, BREATH OF FIRE II walkthroughs, Grandma wanting to treat him for lunch on Sunday (but we have plans of our own!), and more. At least it'll be daylight hours when I'm out tomorrow, so Grandma should be theoretically okay! She probably won't be too impressed if she hears I won't need breakfast OR lunch tomorrow, but that's how it goes! At least she remembered to NOT lock the top lock once it grew dark - but I still can't find my key! UGH! It COULD be behind the computer equipment since I'm sure I heard a CLINK yesterday afternoon... I'll get Eric to look tomorrow.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home