Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Don't lecture me as if I'm your kid! / Active imagination

Auntie Teresa lectured me about not taking the recyclables out immediately - it's not the end of the world if I want to relax and then take them out in a few hours, is it?! You're not my mother, so don't tell me what to do. She even predicted that I'd be annoyed by her pretty soon - oh yes, THAT is correct! Yesterday, she and Grandma went grocery shopping, and she spent at least an hour cleaning my mom's stove after they got home! Grandma kept telling her to relax and sit down, but she wouldn't: "Oh, I only have to do this one thing!" JUST RELAX - it's not going to KILL you! :P

Last night, she was watching TV shows, and I noticed that she wouldn't just stay seated during the commercial breaks. She wanted to brush her teeth or do other things, and she even explained this to me! "I don't want to watch the commercials, so I can use the time to get things done!" ANNOYING! True, I like efficient people, but not the efficient people who overtly make you feel bad about it. "You should exercise! Look at how much I'm doing!" Again, she reminds me of my mother, who would ALWAYS say "Mom's always doing something! I can't just sit and rest!" Yes, she refers to herself in the third person and the first person in the same breath...

She also called me downstairs after my shower, while I was watching TV with Grandma in order to spend time with her. It wasn't for any reason, other than to ask whether I'd be needing the light by the computer later. I can understand not wanting to waste electricity (or the heat bill - she was complaining that she couldn't turn the thermostat down, too), but TEN MINUTES IS NOT GOING TO KILL YOU! Actually, she was going to turn it off if I wasn't coming downstairs. Ugh.

Then I briefly called Eric about stuff, and she wanted to know whether Eric was the person who drove me to the townhouse on Monday night! I said yes (I shouldn't have referred to him by name during that call...), and she said that was nice of him. Since this is exactly how my mom tries to get me to appreciate others, I ignored that. Not to say I *don't* appreciate others, but STILL. Later, she heard me laughing as I left a sisterly message on Jon's cell, and she wanted to know what was so funny! NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! Auntie Teresa will be gone tomorrow afternoon, so at least there's that to look forward to! This is why I can't stand other people!

Edit at 2: She's been back for two minutes, and already has lectured me about exactly how much to put in the garbage (when she won't even BE here on Sunday!), and where to put it! UGH... more than 24 hours left to go... and she's lectured me about the emergency numbers. "In case anything happens when I'm not here, call Auntie Christine! Of course you need to tell your siblings too, but they're not as close!" ONE BIG GIANT ROLLEYES TO THAT ONE! Of COURSE I'd already know this stuff! Then she told me about the oatmeal with brown sugar that Grandma bought yesterday - I'll eat it if I want, not because you want me to! Now she's cleaning the fridge... and telling me that I need to eat the grape tomatoes later since Grandma won't eat them. LATER! NOT NOW! Yes, I know that food loses its freshness, but it doesn't have to be a big RUSH! I swear, I'm going to the library or something at some point! She also told me that she'll teach me how to make the rice in a clay pot - I'm sure I don't really care.

Edit at 1445: Grandma's back now, and she's also noticed that Auntie Teresa can't really sit down. Apparently, she was also going to bring her vacuum cleaner from home. While she might be good at cleaning my house, she would also annoy me. Ha ha ha. I've thought about it, and trust me: if I were away from home for two weeks, I probably would find it an invasion of privacy if my fridge and stove were cleaned without my express permission. Auntie Teresa's concerned about not putting things back correctly - SO DON'T DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE! Of course, I don't know whether Mom told her to clean things in her absence, but I'm guessing not. And I bet if I told her about this, she'd think it was very HELPFUL instead of the other way around! Bleh. Grandma tried calling her on it, and her response was "It doesn't matter if I wasn't told to do it - what else am I going to do, just sit around and be with you? I happen to LIKE doing this!" UGH! She seems to enjoy being loud and annoying, and enjoys leaving the screen door open all day and evening so we can freeze - AIYA!




You Have an Active Imagination



Your mind is churning and producing new thoughts all the time. You are definitely good at imagining.

You can visualize events pretty easily, and you're not bad at thinking up new ideas.



Believe it or not, you could be a bit more imaginative. All you have to do is give yourself permission.

Spend a few minutes each day daydreaming. It's good for you, and who knows what might come of it?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home