Thursday, May 13, 2010

No, Grandma - Fellowship does not start at 7 AM, and Eric is NOT my boyfriend!

Grandma, on boyfriends: "Do you have a boyfriend yet? No? You spend a lot of time using the computer, so maybe you can find a boyfriend there! What about White Kid? Do you like him? Is HE your boyfriend? You need to hurry up and get married, so you can learn how to cook!" HAHAHAHAHA! No, my brother can no longer be the default Sunday morning ride option to church, because he and his wife live 20 minutes away by car. And no, you cannot just expect Auntie Paula to drive the same amount of time and then back because you want to go over there. I say that it's much easier to get "White Kid" to drive us to church since he lives but a minute away - yes, of course he has to go there too. She knows this - she's seen him there any number of times! And no, Fellowship does NOT start at 7 AM tomorrow - "night" was clearly specified! Horrifying Grandma can be amusing and annoying at the same time! Eric and I did agree a few years ago that 7 AM should not exist in our worlds! Grandma just told me that I shouldn't eat the whole bag of Backyard Barbecue Kettle chips - well, since it expired on May 1, I'll probably do that in two sittings!

Seems that Dave has had one of the worst Thursdays in a long time - Phil and I commiserated with him over losing his bus pass (he had to pay $40 for a replacement!), his flat tire, his cog breaking a tooth, and other things. At least he had a good chit-chat with a passing Indian-American from Chicago. He loves spontaneously long conversations on the street and out of the blue. Haha! Good for him, anyway... I don't know how amenable I'd be to that myself (given that I'm in the ZONE most of the time), but it depends on the person and such. Since Phil had already taken "Sorry to hear that," I had to be different... "It grieves me to read about this catalog of misfortunes!" is definitely ME.

Vanessa and Danielle (New York) can't make it to Dylan and Deb's on Saturday. Speaking of Saturday, Henry's phone number should not be showing up as "OUT OF AREA" on the Caller ID - good thing that I recognize the number! Definitely a good reminder to him as to location, and a reminder for me as to time... I hope I make it back by 3:15 if Eric is going! Or I guess we can always leave early, haha. Also spent time updating my Youtube playlist - BREATH OF FIRE II and various MARIO bloopers / hacks are now on there. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home