Thursday, May 13, 2010

Don't you DARE use my backscratcher! No concept of personal space! / Muppets

High-scoring words of the night:

ZARFS (136 points) - against Jenny H. [2W, 5L on Z]
HOPE (148 points) - against Angela V. [3W, hook off LOOP to make HO / OP]
REDROOTS (110 points) - against Nancy C. [5W] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
PONDERS (117 points) - against Leah B. [two 3W]
SORRELS (126 points) - against Jo E. [2W, two 3W]
PEON (112 points) - against Ellen L. [two 4W]
DECALOG (4846 points) - against Jimmy S. [two 4W, two 5W, hook off AN to make CAN]
JERBOAS (236 points) - against Susan V. [4W, 5L on J] {a good deficit-erasing word!}


I sent Corey a message about my whereabouts:

me: no, I have not fallen off the face of the earth - I'm at my parents' place since they're away
Corey: well, I had something big to tell you yesterday.. I got to try one of your favorite things in the world yesterday
Corey: oh, you're online again finally?!?!?! :P
me: hey, I had to spend time with my Grandma!
me: so what's the big food item?
Corey: how do you know it's food? :P
it is, but I didn't say that! :P
it smells very bad
me: ... and she JUST used my backscratcher! UGH. It's so personal!
knowing you, it would be food :P and no, I don't really like durian or stinky tofu :P
Corey: no, no... it's your FAVORITE
you love it
sorry, I had to go watch a kids' school, and the room also got taken over by construction people
me: you also remind me of my mom - goodness knows Auntie Teresa does, too much. she cannot sit still
Corey: I can't sit still?
I'm planning on sitting still now... it's hot out, and I had to walk to that school... and the school is hot as hell, too... and apparently, they don't turn on the AC until July
me: no... my mom will also do the "it's your FAVORITE - you LOVE it!" thing
Corey: well, I'm being sarcastic about it. I don't know if she is :P
and it IS stinky tofu or durian...... which one might it be? :P
it's the stinkiest of the two, I think
me: she probably thinks that if she says it enough times, I'll start to believe it - NO WAY IN HELL
don't you know the difference?
Corey: of course I do... I'm giving you a clue, ya bozo
me: okay
me: bedtime now - just for the hell of it, I'm guessing durian


Contrary to what Auntie Teresa seems to believe, I actually DO know exactly how to take the garbage out, even if it necessitates an extra plastic bag. Unfortunately for her, I'm faster at grabbing a bag / dumping the wet plastic bag into it / tying a knot / taking it out the door than she is at trying to stop me. Luckily, she told me where the downstairs thermostat is... turning the heat up just a bit will be thoroughly enjoyed. I'm actually counting down the hours until she leaves! Then, I can leave Firefox tabs open ALL DAY LONG without worrying that she'll read what's on them. Not that it'll be anything bad, but I like my privacy. Oh, and then I'll call Henry too. No more incessant questions! She also told me to get Jon or Steph to take Grandma to the doctor if she continues coughing - we'll see. And she just used my backscratcher without knowing it was mine and not Grandma's - she says she can wash it with hot water and soap, but I dunno. Good thing that they're only $2 at Daiso! It's a PERSONAL thing! At least she apologized... but it's still disturbing that she'll use other people's personal things without asking. At least I have an excuse, in that it's my parents' house...

On a lighter note, Grandma seems to like the talking dogs in a commercial on Chinese TV. Then she had this to say: "Oh, those white people. They like having dogs more than children!" Hahahaha! Grandma, on dinner: "Do people inside the computer ever need to eat dinner?" HAHAHAHA! I also met a girl via Wordscraper who spells her name Jinger - she says that it's the way her grandmother spelled it, but of course I think of the Duggar family first, hahaha.


Trivia fact for Thursday, May 13: What opera great appeared on The Muppet Show in a performance of Pigaletto accompanied by members of the Muppetopolitan Opera Company? Beverly Sills, who had a high-note duel with Miss Piggy.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home