Saturday, May 15, 2010

Brunch at Deb and Dylan's / Eric does NOT drive me everywhere!

Eric picked me up, and said hello to Grandma. He looked to see if the key was somewhere near the computer, but he said he couldn't see it. We went out, and talked about DARKWING (how should *I* know whether he's coming out to the brunch?!), French, flasks, THY DUNGEONMAN 3, PEASANT'S QUEST, wagons full of pancakes, having children, Homestar Runner, combing hair which wouldn't stay down, a joke "environmental surcharge," Facebook feed behavior, whether I'd looked upstairs (I had to no avail), why it was a good thing I didn't answer his phone because the call came from a restricted number (so it meant that someone I really DESPISE was on the other end), Mr. Creep, Freudian slips, Raymond's purple shirt, oranges, Pho, and more. Had trouble finding a parking spot once we reached Deb and Dylan's place, but it wasn't too bad. Talked to Deb, Dylan, Vivian (who crashed our brunch - brought vanilla ice cream), Carmen, Vicky, Albert, Kevin, Cindy, and Eric about travel, Cambodia / Vietnam / Asia / China / Angkor Wat / Europe / Barcelona, the EPIC Alaska cruise dinner, TORTURED FOR CHRIST, martyrs, Australia, moving out, Granville Island, driving / parking / chalk lines, koala bears being more vicious than they seem, pancakes / eggs / strawberries / Philadelphia cream cheese / the gadget Eric had to poach his eggs / orange juice / apple juice / milk / coffee / apple strudel / giant Costco muffins (nobody wanted to have one after Vicky said that they were 760 calories each and had 66 grams of fat), and more. Deb says that her mom made her US cousin cry over the phone when she said that Canada had won the Olympic gold medal hockey game - ouch!

Then we got into a discussion about whether the panda was in fact a bear, because Cindy says that she and her colleagues had been teaching the kids at school that pandas aren't bears even though we call them panda bears! Dylan looked it up on Wikipedia, and it turns out that they are in fact classified as bears! Cindy was devastated, so we told her that she could edit the Wikipedia article, haha! Under cover of the multiple conversations going on, I told Eric that my email to Jeremy had NOT created damage as he feared, so he thought that it really had - TRUST ME, IT DIDN'T! I don't think Jeremy is the type of person to hide damage of that sort, anyway. When it was time to go to Granville Island, Eric and I had to leave anyway. He had to go to Oakridge, so we went to EB Games to pick up what turned out to be a used METROID game of some sort for the Wii (I think?) - I noticed some blingy wallets while we passed through the Bay, oh my! It turned out to cost more than I thought for a used game ($61.02?), but I guess if you're willing to pay the price... Eric says that eBay prices are even worse if you can find it on there! YIKES!

He also said that the environmental surcharge was the price I paid since he was trying to get things done in a single trip... I certainly didn't mind that! We went to the Steveston Hotel to sign an anti-HST petition, which went as fast as we thought. Discussed DARKWING, 8:45 tomorrow (I'll tell Grandma it's 8:30), Jon, sound, grammar fail, slamming his car door, and more. Now that I am home, Grandma thinks that she wants to treat Eric to dinner - haha, we'll see. Henry called just now to get me to meet him at the Dairy Queen - I told Grandma that I was going out again to church (I said it was "kids" since I didn't know how else to explain Awana to her!), and she wasn't impressed. Then she thought it was Eric driving me again - nope! Oh, and I also FINALLY found some sleeping pills which I've been trying to find at my place for a few months - they were in my knapsack! And Grandma just forgot what I told her about being home for dinner at a certain time - AIYA!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home