Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wedding RSVP, lagoons, and elephant remains in a jar

High-scoring word of the night so far:

LAGOONS (142 points) - against Alice P. [two 4W, hook off EXIT for a plural] {a good deficit-erasing word!}


I finally put in an RSVP for Chuck and Andrea's wedding... I said I'd come to dinner, and work out the banquet transportation logistics later. Good thing they're inviting everyone to the ceremony and lunch, so I can probably get a ride to that with Eric. HE won't criticize my choice of clothing like my mother's been known to do! (witness Kelvin and Evelyn's wedding in 2002... OH MY GOD, I COMMITTED A FAUX PAS BY WEARING SNEAKERS, AND FORGETTING THE CARD!!!!!! *rolleyes* ) Also said I'd have salmon for the dinner, heh. I'm going to see if I have enough motivation for a walk now... yes, at this time! Just ate noodles, haha. (and sodium is ridiculous!)

Trivia fact for Wednesday, Mar. 31: Which remains of a famous animal are kept in a peanut butter jar at Tufts University? Jumbo the Elephant, of Barnum & Bailey circus fame. After Jumbo died in a train accident in 1885, showman P.T. Barnum had him stuffed. Barnum donated him to Tufts in 1889, where he became the university mascot. When fire destroyed the mammoth mascot in 1975, his ashes were put in a peanut butter jar. These remains were kept for good luck for the university's sports teams, which are known as the Jumbos.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home