Sunday, March 28, 2010

I HATE SPILLS! / Wax is gross! / The Engine and The End / Bread and fish

FUCK! I JUST SPILLED MOST OF MY CHIPS ON THE FLOOR! Good job, what with all the mice around here! I managed to clean up most of the mess except for crumbs I can't see. Ugh! This computer restarted while I was out, too. I WISH I WERE NORMAL! And LJ just accused me of being a bot because I "hit" the system too many times - WTF?!

While I was talking to Vanessa H. (whom I thought was Vanessa C. for a bit - I'm losing it!), John called me to say they were five minutes away. Good thing I took ten minutes beforehand to make sure I had everything! As soon as I got in the car, Sean and Ian informed me that they had eaten a lot of popcorn - wow! At one point, Ian ordered his brother to sleep so they wouldn't look so tired when we got to church... how cute! Later, he wanted his brother to give the popcorn container to him, but I told Sean to give it to me because I was going to put something in it. When I gave it back to them, it had their Cadbury Micro Eggs inside... Ian asked me what it was, so I asked him what he thought it was. "Candy?" would be absolutely correct, young sir! He asked me if they could eat it now, so I said no. Ada reminded them to thank me, haha. Said that my brother had a concert (they don't understand "gig") tonight - when I said his name was Jon, Ian said that it was the same as his dad. Slightly different spelling, and it's short for Jonathan, but it works!

At church, I said hi to Chrystal and Golden before helping with their stuff. David M.'s sons didn't really want to go in, but they kinda had to. Gave Esther HER Cadbury Micro Eggs, which she liked. It was a quiet week, and we have another break next Saturday because of Easter weekend. Said hi to Sabrina, whose boyfriend Chris wanted to know whether I got his email - yes, I did! He wants to have VBS for two weeks if they get enough people, and will arrange rides if that's the only issue for me. Of course I'll continue to think about it! Rachel and Kirsten came downstairs for coloring sheets, and I asked Rachel if her birthday was coming up - yes, and she'll be seven. Kirsten said that her birthday was lucky because it's on Halloween... NICE! Steven wanted something from us; after he was gone, I told Chrystal that my sister remembered him and Hilary being her Awana kids a LONG time ago!

After Awana, I said hi to Sean S. and Conor, who wanted my dinner - no, you can't have it! While we were at the stage, I decided to tell them that my brother used to know someone who ate crayons and birthday candles. They had a great "EWWWW!" reaction, so I decided to do it twice more. "Would you like to eat crayons? What about the wax in candles?" Talked to their mom Pauline for a little bit, too. Sean said that he used the Internet - when I asked him what he used it for, he said he used it for explosions! Oh my! He also told me that they didn't like to waste money... that's good! Amanda and Hannah's mom then said she was going to get me an Olympic mascot keychain because she could - okay, sure! Later, Jordan and Matthew were wondering whether they were really fat... maybe a little chunky, but not FAT! Matthew said that he knew a Gr. 4 person who was 91 pounds (he's in Gr. 4), and that normal weight was 75 pounds or 80. Hmm! Told John and Ada that I didn't need a ride home, which was fine.

Dad wondered if Auntie Ruby had told me something; she had, so he said that I needed to tell Auntie Anita something about the account - got it! Later, I finished eating my fajita parts, and said bye to William and Mary. On my way out, Dad tried convincing me to leave my bag at church overnight if I wasn't going to use it. Trust me... it has my drink and a book in it, plus I'd have to put my Sunday School stuff in it when I get home, so I definitely need it! Chrystal was outside waiting for her parents to pick her up, so I told her what he'd said. Sure, Dad cares... but it can be annoying sometimes! It's like "Don't ask me any questions - I know what I'm doing!" Busing to Holy Trinity was pretty easy, and I was there even earlier than I thought since a sign outside the building said the gig was at 8 instead of 7:30. Told one of Jon's bandmates (lead singer) that I was there for the concert - took in a bit of their practice. Harmony wondered if she had to pay - the consensus was "no" because she was helping at the door, but of course I did since it's what you do. She said that she'd been to Peter and Holly's housewarming party - their new place is near her parents, by Thompson Community Centre. Saw Jeremy, who decided that he'd come out to the gig and then rush to do his homework tomorrow after church. Dilys was there too - we all sat in a pew together, in fact.

Discussed the chapel's intimate feel, Anglican churches, the church being old (they have pictures of the rector in 1899 - and a female one as well!), whether Vicky comes to church on Sundays (Jeremy has her VISA pin stored in his jacket!), other shows the band's done, and more. Turns out Jon and one of his bandmates (bassist) got married the same day, haha. The Engine and The End had an opening act consisting of a guy singing songs on guitar - letter themes and more, oh my. Heck, he even had a song based on Proverbs' personification of Wisdom! Jon and his band came on, and it was pretty good blues / gospel / rock stuff! There was a bunch of banter, and a recital of Taylor Mali's poem on the importance of proofreading. Later, Dilys and I agreed that we'd have to try hard NOT to say the actual words instead of the wrong ones! It was a good gig, and I hoped the band made enough to cover the rental space and a bit of profit. One song required the audience to get up and clap / hold hands - I guess it's more fun for the band that way, haha. After peeing (which WAS a necessity), Dilys and I left to take transit together. Chatted about looking for a new place, dogs, Holy Week, Sunrise Service, not eating McDonalds, her not noticing my limp before (no ankle sprain - but CP), peeing when you could (especially before a trip home - NO BUYING THINGS!), live music, the Weakerthans, and more. I got home before 11, which was pretty good... got Grace's Evite, too.


Trivia fact for Sunday, Mar. 28: According to the New Testament, how many people did Jesus feed with five loaves of bread and two fishes? Five thousand, as recorded in Mark 6:38-44.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home