Tuesday, March 02, 2010

I HATE EMERGENCIES! / Got ALL the Olympic mascots! / February 2010 Bubble Tea Tally

I HATE DEALING WITH EMERGENCIES! Had to deal with one when I was two minutes out from home, but at least it didn't seem as if there were dire consequences. Went out today to get the Olympics mascots / sidekick on sale, but was thwarted at the nearest London Drugs. So I decided to get on the Canada Line and go to the Broadway one, which is bigger - they had a lot of 50% off merchandise still, so I got a flag / red toque (replacing a blue wool one) / the collector's box with Quatchi, Sumi, Miga, and Mukmuk for $42! As you can imagine, I was quite happy with that! :D

I went back to Richmond, and went to the Bay to get some underwear. Then I went to Shoppers Drug Mart for some sour cream and onion chips, and picked up some blueberry bubble tea at Tazza. (I really should try out Pearl Castle one day...) Went to Yuen Shing where they luckily had a weekly special on seaweed (which I've been craving like MAD lately), so I got wasabi / original / hot and spicy / Tom Yum Goong. Returned to the London Drugs nearest my place so I could get BBQ Hardbite chips, laundry dryer sheets (I've experienced static!), chocolate milk, and Coke - it's cheaper than dealing with the vending machines! Karmie sent us an email saying that Women's Group is back on tomorrow - cool stuff!

Mukmuk: Marmot! Mukmuk is a small and friendly Vancouver Island marmot who always supports and cheers loudly for his friends during games and races. When he is not hibernating or sunbathing on rocks and logs, he enjoys getting out to meet other types of marmots and animals. In fact, this is how he became friends with the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic mascots.

Miga: Sea Bear! Miga is a young sea bear who lives in the ocean with her family pod, beyond Vancouver Island near Tofino, British Columbia. Sea bears are part killer whale and part bear. Miga is part Kermode bear, a rare white bear that only lives in British Columbia.

Quatchi: Sasquatch. Quatchi is a young sasquatch who comes from the mysterious forests of Canada. Quatchi is shy, but loves to explore new places and meet new friends, Although Quatchi loves all winter sports, he's especially fond of hockey. He dreams of becoming a world-famous goalie.

Sumi: Animal Guardian Spirit! Sumi is an animal spirit who lives in the mountains of British Columbia. Like many Canadians, Sumi's background is drawn from many places. He wears the hat of the orca whale, flies with the wings of the mighty thunderbird, and runs on the strong furry legs of the black bear.


MONTHLY BUBBLE TEA TALLY, FEBRUARY 2010 (1)

mango @ Tazza (Monday, February 8)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home