Monday, February 22, 2010

Grammar Nazi Cat / Streaker arcade games and Taiwanese fruit

Janina sent me an article on food expiry dates, and a whole bunch of DRAMA CRITTERS - some LOLcats remind me of my mother! SO TRUE!

Got these images from a punctuation group on Facebook:





HAHAHAHA! I had to upload them, of course. :D


More Taiwan conversation:

[00:44:49] mrptptpt: well, hopefully Jane comes back soon... a little under an hour of her normal work day left, but generally she stays many hours beyond that.... she claims she'll go home on time while I'm here...
[00:47:24] AlenaBrolxFlami: haha... has she?
[00:52:01] mrptptpt: I'll find out in an hour, I guess
[00:52:27] mrptptpt: she absolutely never does when she says she wants to go home early though, normally. she says that since I'm here, she can
[00:54:04] AlenaBrolxFlami: haha, I guess you can be her excuse to go home "early" then... how's the scouting out English classes coming along?
[01:09:03] mrptptpt: haven't heard anything at all about that
[01:09:16] mrptptpt: the agency I've been dealing with hasn't sent me anything new since before I left
[01:09:47] mrptptpt: I guess some other people with connections to schools will get me interviews though, so I think something will happen no matter what
[01:10:40] AlenaBrolxFlami: well, that'll be good when it happens then
[01:27:04] mrptptpt: well, it's time for her to come home, but she's still doing things :P
[01:39:11] AlenaBrolxFlami: somehow, I'm not surprised
[01:39:35] mrptptpt: now I got in trouble for using the computer too long since it's bad for my eyes :P
[01:42:39] AlenaBrolxFlami: from Jane?
[01:42:51] AlenaBrolxFlami: I'm sure you probably use it just as long at home
[01:44:50] mrptptpt: no, her dad :P he brought in a big plate of these uh... apple things... though, and those are really good, so I'll take some worrying about my eyes in trade. Jane looked them up, and the name translates to "dates" online, but I'm pretty sure dates are something different.. these look like apples. they're not, but pretty similar
[01:50:42] mrptptpt: probably "ballet" or "silage" there. I think it's the first one, though.. also, the "wax apple" is very good... it's like an apple, but the seeds and stuff are all at the end with the folded-over things... there's no core
[01:58:16] AlenaBrolxFlami: the "pears" look like a cross between a peach / apricot and an orange
[02:01:04] mrptptpt: I've had some oranges here that they say are a special Taiwanese type... not sure if that's what that really is
[02:03:31] AlenaBrolxFlami: do they taste like oranges back home?
[02:04:17] mrptptpt: I don't know if it's the thing in that link, but it pretty much tasted like an orange, yes
[02:04:38] mrptptpt: they said one kind was a tangerine, not an orange..
[02:05:24] AlenaBrolxFlami: have you had a Chinese pear?

[02:06:33] mrptptpt: I don't know :P I don't like pears, though
[02:06:53] mrptptpt: I don't really get names for much of what I have here... they know it in Chinese of course, but not how to tell me
[02:09:26] mrptptpt: okay, I finally got her to leave :P so she should be back soon
[02:10:01] mrptptpt: that's crazy, it's after 6 PM and she's just leaving work, when she went there in the early morning :P and this is extremely early for her
[02:11:12] AlenaBrolxFlami: yeah... my mom will usually say the thing doesn't have an English name, or whatever :P that definitely sounds crazy, yeah :P
[02:12:47] mrptptpt: well, I'm sure most things have some type of English name...
[02:14:18] mrptptpt:
[02:14:45] mrptptpt: I just found that article.. I didn't see any streakers, but maybe I didn't play that level :P we played that game yesterday with Jane's niece
[02:16:10] AlenaBrolxFlami: HAHAHA, oh man
[02:16:30] mrptptpt: I thought that game was expensive (4 tokens... most were 2-3), but I just did the math and it was actually only 62 cents to play it
[02:17:43] mrptptpt: and we got tickets from it! woo hoo! our $100 earned us enough tickets to get her a little book... which is full of blank paper! she also could have chosen a Budweiser pen... not sure why prizes for kids are beer-themed, but that's what they had
[02:19:21] mrptptpt: that game is kind of cool, though... it's like that says, it's like a light gun game, but with balls. it releases a bunch of plastic balls when the game starts, and you throw them at what you want to hit :P it also wants you to pay double for two players, but it releases balls across the whole thing, so all three of us played at the same time.... I guess if you pay twice, there's multiple scores? not sure how it knows who threw what ball though, unless you're limited to half of the screen or something
[02:22:47] mrptptpt: you get two levels per play.. we threw balls at floating hearts (some kind of love theme) ... both times. the first time... then the second, we did the snowball fight that has a boss battle with a big bear, and the second stage was mice that dive at the screen and bite you, taking points away
[02:24:25] mrptptpt: I guess it uses some kind of touchscreen.. a cross of dots appears on the screen where you throw it. this game is everywhere here... it probably replaced the ones I want to play :P
[02:27:13] AlenaBrolxFlami: Streakers?! The kid is... five, did you say?! SO INAPPROPRIATE! and BEER-THEMED prizes?! yikes.
[02:28:56] mrptptpt: we didn't play the streaker level! :P I don't know which one has that.. everything I saw was bright and colorful, and lots of little kids played it with their parents
[02:32:41] mrptptpt: well, she finally came back!
[02:35:15] AlenaBrolxFlami: haha, that's good then - I need to get to bed soon anyway (2:35 AM here)
[02:36:51] mrptptpt: 3:30 AM at my house
[02:39:02] mrptptpt: my laptop is still set for my time
[02:39:31] AlenaBrolxFlami: hahaha, nice! anyway - good night? I dunno :P
[02:39:53] AlenaBrolxFlami: never know what to say when you're in Taiwan :P
[02:48:51] mrptptpt: okay, goodnight then :P dinner time for us
[02:48:59] mrptptpt: and apparently interview time later?
[02:50:54] AlenaBrolxFlami: hey, nice... best of luck then
[02:51:12] AlenaBrolxFlami: later?! well, I guess it works :P tell me how it went some other time

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home