Sunday, February 21, 2010

Overflowing water will make your housewarming memorable!

Henry picked me up a little later than I thought, but he was complaining about the Olympic traffic, so it was okay. Complained about the giant Lenin head, as well - I thought Richmond was known for its Asian population, not its Russian folks! ("TAXPAYERS' MONEY WAS SPENT ON THIS?!") Awana was all right - talked to Chrystal about recent events (my mom sounds like her dad with the "I never want to see you again!" stuff), Melia (she was going to Steph's later because of a family dinner with Mike's parents), Golden (whose birthday was today!), Joshua, and more people. (gave Esther her Valentine's Day candy, but didn't see Harrison) The kids seemed to like the "Olympics" games - very modified versions of speedskating, luge, and skeleton? The "luge" made Benedict joke that the leaders demonstrating the game shouldn't crash into any metal beams or anything like that, heh.

After Awana, I said hi to Sean and Conor (YAY, HAPPY KID!), who wanted to know why the other Sean (Sean L.) was crying. He did look upset, but I didn't know why, either. Asked Ada, who said that he was upset because his color team didn't get any Awana dollars - poor kid! I asked Melia to call Steph so she could give Ada some directions, since my sense of direction is SCREWED UP! On the way to Steph's, Ian said that Sean wasn't buckled in - Sean needs to tell his mom these things, and preferably not ten minutes after we leave the parkade! Said bye as they dropped me off - the gate isn't the door, Steph said. (I know, but the gate is bigger)

Luckily, it didn't seem awkward between my sister and me as we were the only two in there till a bunch of people showed up at once. She mentioned seeing Jeremy bike by as she picked up the sushi - now she feels bad that she left out White Guy #2! Guacamole chips were fine, and Steph gave me my lunch ticket for tomorrow. Talked to Eric, Jon, Steph's friend Mel, Citrus, Jen, Melia, Angus, Harmony, Karen, Lincoln, Randal, Isabel, Vivian, and Christon about a bunch of stuff. Harmony wondered why I had stuffed a bunch of cards inside one of Jon's books (of prayers) - they're for my parents and grandma for later in the year, and I don't feel like dealing with it right now. No, of course I haven't talked to Mom since Monday night - for good reasons!

Watched speedskating, Germany-Belarus hockey, and curling along with other Olympic events while eating chocolate cheesecake ice cream (BREYER'S - Randal's apparently never had it before), sushi, chicken drumsticks, Deep and Delicious chocolate cake, vegetables, and other things. Discussed the BUSY downtown core (Henry's heard it'll be like that NORMALLY in a few years!), Olympics events and merchandise, the various houses, the AGM tomorrow and the fundraiser (hockey game conflict!), signing in and leaving, voting, DO IT YOURSELF home repair, Lent, Jon Lenting alcohol (and whether his feast day should start / end at midnight or when he gets up and goes to bed), Mom's "interesting" pronunciation of "Slovakia" ("Souvlaki? I cannot..."), Our Lady Peace ("it sounds peaceful, so get your mom to go!"), Saskatchewan GOLD beer, and more. Got everyone to sign the guestbook, too.

Vivian had brought Dutch Blitz, so some people played that. After a while, Steph went into the kitchen to deal with her garbage disposal in the sink. (AFTER she reads "don't dump a bunch of garbage in there" in a repair book!) She figured that she COULD use the plunger to deal with it, since that hadn't been used yet for the intended purpose. So we thought it would be fine - then we heard a noise like someone was taking a shower, but dismissed that. After ten minutes or so, Steph went into the kitchen to check something... we heard "OH MY GOD! W T F!" from there.

We all crowded around the kitchen entrance to find that the sink had OVERFLOWED! Christon did something with the pipes to ensure that the water was turned OFF, while we wondered if Steph had a mop - nope! Someone did some quick thinking, and placed a towel at the entrance to soak up the greasy water. Filled up the pots with water, and then dumped it on the outside plants. We even used Steph's barracks box for such a purpose, after the recycling was all soaked! Steph said that I should go home with Eric since she had to deal with the kitchen - no problem, since I wasn't fully decided on sleeping over anyway. It was a mostly silent ride home, which was fine - thinking time for us, haha. Eric said that my mom didn't seem that dangerous - well, you're not me! I can deal with 9:15 or so in the parking lot, for sure! On that note, I should go to bed since it's almost 2:15! Yay for good friends!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home