Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mr. Creep's suggestions are DISGUSTING health-wise! / Dense fur

Saw Chinese Eric on MSN yesterday night, so of course I had to liken it to Christmas! He got the humor, and figured it had been a long time since his last appearance on that thing! Hahaha! We talked about the Olympics, his sister, concerts, his coming back maybe in May, recent events, and other things. That was a good way to cap off the night! While I was out tonight, I noticed footprints on my pants - they must have been from yesterday's concert, so I figured I should do laundry when I got home. Unfortunately, the washing machine is still borked, so I have resigned myself to it taking at least three rounds in the dryer before it's properly non-damp... STUPID COINED LAUNDRY!

I heard YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE at the Canada Line station - STUPID REMINDERS OF MY EX, AGAIN! Then some idiots were trying to play a card game while seated across from each other on the bus... ARE YOU STUPID?! I got to Eric's and my meeting place EARLY, so it was a good thing I had the history Bathroom Reader. He gave me a silly answer to a question I asked, so of course I had to tell him what I wanted - it seems to be okay, and I don't mind being early because of sound or worship obligations on his end! Talked about the Olympics, Our Lady Peace, weird characters / quests, my dragon shirt, the O Zone in general, events, and such. He noticed my lip balm, and figured that I was getting ready to kiss someone tonight... NO! OF COURSE NOT!

Went upstairs in the elevator, and greeted Kevin... poor Dylan had a headache! Discussed the Olympics and downtown with Vivian / Deb / Christon / Grace, while we were trying to figure out whether we should start eating the sushi / Chinese food in the lounge. Deb noticed my dragon hat, and wondered if I'd gotten it from China since she had the same one from China - I don't know! Yes, it's a theme! Eventually, we did eat our dinner, during which I proved to be a klutz... scooping rice on the table instead of my plate, and having the cranberry pop fizz out on me and the table?! Ugh! I apologized to Dylan and Grace, but they said it was okay. Good thing a certain person wasn't there to see this display of awkwardness! (Raymond, Lesley, and others came in later) Discussed report cards, templates, reviews of various Houses downtown, and more.

The membership meeting went okay, I guess. To my dismay, Mr. Creep suggested we have MORE GREASE in our pre-AGM or pre-GMM meetings... Jen definitely agreed with me on that one! Pizza and fried chicken are good in MODERATION, and I'd like to keep it that way - EW! I'm not saying that I am the most healthy eater alive (certainly not!), but that's just gross! Sushi and Chinese food (like we had tonight) are fine by me, thanks! Good thing the Committee doesn't have to take his suggestion as one we should undertake for this year, hahaha. He also made some other weird comments - for the pictures of this year's Committee, Dylan had relied on Facebook. Jen wasn't impressed that he'd taken one of her and her mom - Mr. Creep asked which one was the mother. EW!

Randal handed a pen to me that dropped on the floor when Eric was trying to pass it over to me, which is fine. After that, we all dispersed to various places at church - some people went to the kitchen to prepare for the fundraiser on Sunday. I hung around with Harmony, Connie, and others - we quickly went downstairs when our sound proved to travel a LOT into a Bible Study room. Even then, we were too loud for the Living Waters meeting, so we went to the foyer instead!

I said hi to Uncle Eugene / Henry / Stanley / Sonya, and then got drawn into a discussion of the Olympics and bad cops who were sent home for VERY inappropriate behavior! Citrus told us only the stuff he could say, of course. Asked various people if they were going to Steph's tomorrow - Jon and Harmony seem to be under the impression that I won't get disinvited because of Monday's events. Hope not, otherwise it'll be AWKWARD! (bags of compost and stew stuff, oh my!) They were trying to find the gate I was talking about at the O Zone, but were only there for 15 minutes / two and a half songs.

After a while, everyone left, so I was free to read a little of the Bathroom Reader. Met a few Living Waters people, too. Went into the kitchen to see what was going on in there - Dylan wondered whether people had left, and Christon figured that Jon had called everyone LAME-O's! Then I figured I should get another flat notebook to replace the last spiraled one I have - those are annoying! While I was writing in there, Stanley's dad thought I was writing lines as punishment - NO! Then I went into the fellowship hall, where I talked to Hien about recent events ("it's okay - I'm still living with it, and all Asian moms are like that... it's so cool that you moved out, since I'll have to live with it for I don't know how long!") / Kenny / CP.

Mary says she lost her phone on the Skytrain (and is borrowing her mom's), so I had to tell her about the time Eric's phone got ran over at the gas station! Said hi to Margaret in passing, and waved bye to Julie and Elaine. Hien said her brother did something to her PDA, so now she can't get on the Internet with it anymore - YIKES! Eric came out of the kitchen, so I asked if he needed to stay longer - he said that he was going to leave. Stanley was trying to kick everyone out at shortly after 10 anyway, so that worked. Sam and Eric talked briefly, then we decided to take the stairs because of the 25 people waiting for the elevator. Mike said he was waiting for Margaret, too. (Citrus, on why HE was there early: "I had to pick up my sister Cordia!")

On the way home, Eric asked how my survival evening had gone - not too bad! Then he wondered what I thought about the meeting - it was okay, except for a certain person making gross suggestions! After that, he wanted to tease me about Dave ("your evening was lacking a certain person..."), then restrained himself because I might believe things that weren't actually true. Good boy, haha. He did say that it was a SIGN if I could recite all our Facebook interactions this week - it's not like one profile picture comment, a wall post conversation, and several status chats are THAT hard to remember!

I countered by saying that he could probably do the same when it came to certain people! Later, I asked whether he wanted to get gas - then he called me a tomato-chicken with a cow motif, all in French. Gee thanks, buddy! Then he pretended to have fallen asleep (after NOT causing an accident by turning into a side road when a car was coming out of it) when he dropped me off. Crazy, man - at least he admits he's nuts!

Got home and found out why Billie had called: "Relax, man... I was calling to say I *might* go to Aberdeen Centre today (but didn't), then thought we should simply hang out sometime!" Oh, for sure! Ellen also sent me a supportive message, saying that she herself had moved on from her mom without batting an eye, although it took her ten years.


Trivia fact for Saturday, Feb. 20: What mammal has the densest fur? The sea otter, the smallest of the marine mammals, which has up to a million hairs per square inch on its back.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home