Friday, February 19, 2010

OUR LADY PEACE was so CROWDED!

Seen on Jess' Facebook profile (I had to tell her about the FREE Our Lady Peace show for obvious reasons!) - People of Walmart. HAHAHAHAHA!

Went to Minoru about half an hour or so before showtime, and I expected to be in a lineup to get in. Passed security with flying colors, of course. I could see a crowd of thousands at the stage already, so I went straight there to see if I could get an okay spot. Man, it was CROWDED - and I bonded with a few people over that, and got up close and personal with many more! Punched a guy (who ALMOST looked like a young Iggy Pop) on the shoulder to get his attention since his girlfriend wanted to tell him something - when he looked inquiringly at me, I jerked my mittened finger back at the girl, haha. I was under a couple of bodysurfers, and some girl asked if I wanted to do that... I have enough balance issues as it is, so declined that offer. My hat was knocked off a couple of times (independent of the bodysurfing?), and a guy asked whether it was a rough concert - hey, what are you going to do when you're sandwiched between lots of people, and going here and there buffeted by the crowd? (almost got to centre stage, which was crazy!)

One of the security guys REALLY reminded me of my ex, but it wasn't him, thank goodness. (he was black, had the same round face, and the same nose) The band played a rocking set - STARSEED, SUPERMAN'S DEAD, 4 AM, NAVEED, INNOCENT, AUTOMATIC FLOWERS, and more. Someone wanted the band to play newer material because he knew all those songs already; it's called playing CROWD-PLEASERS! I'd say most people liked it for sure! Got home at 11:10 and was on the phone to Auntie Ying within five minutes.

Told her about the "rock music" concert, and she talked to me about receipts / FOCUS ON THE FAMILY magazines for the kids' families instead of birthday gifts (but she appreciates my thought... the birthdays are for the KIDS to enjoy, and not an evangelistic tool!) / small group stuff / Uncle Peter. When she heard that the twins and Harrison would have birthdays next week, she wanted me to delay giving Harrison's crayons to him till Sunday. Maybe I'll just do it on Saturday anyhow, haha. We can still celebrate! She says that I do a good job of telling the story - I don't mind Conor asking questions (he's my new favorite kid after Margaret K. / David Ho / Ian / Sean L.) because I will answer them most of the time, but I do mind Harrison being a disruption. Yep, she told me about the material change for sure. Not too bad a night, I guess!


Trivia fact for Friday, Feb. 19: What Baseball Hall of Fame slugger won the American League home run title with only nine - all of them inside the park? Ty Cobb, in 1909. Of his 117 career homers, 46 were inside-the-park.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home