Monday, February 22, 2010

Taiwanese gambling rooms / George Washington

Corey, on poop stuff and gambling rooms in Taiwan:

[21:09:25] mrptptpt: yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
[21:10:09] AlenaBrolxFlami: we LOST the hockey game! stupid Brodeur :(
[21:10:36] mrptptpt: oh yeah, I'm always complaining about Bao-Dur
[21:10:39] AlenaBrolxFlami: and yes, I realize you care almost nothing about hockey, even if it's Olympic hockey... so... I have no rum
[21:11:16] AlenaBrolxFlami: luckily, there's an angel emoticon in the middle of that, so I don't know what you're trying to say :P
[21:11:56] mrptptpt: I'm home alone... well, as in Jane is at work, and I am at her house :P her parents are here... we just ate lunch, which was interesting since her mom kept trying to tell me things and I could pretty much just sit there and smile :P
[21:12:04] mrptptpt: Bao - Dur
[21:12:32] mrptptpt: a character from a game :P only name I could come up with that sounded close
[21:15:26] mrptptpt: so if it's lunchtime here, it's probably night there.... 11-12?
[21:19:17] AlenaBrolxFlami: ah, got it... it's 9:20 here
[21:21:40] mrptptpt: I've been keeping my eye open for poop-related souvenirs, but nothing so far
[21:24:15] AlenaBrolxFlami: hahaha, very funny
[21:27:22] mrptptpt: there was some sort of seafood at the market that looked kind of like poop. I don't think they'll let me take that through customs though, since it's the actual full animal I'm talking about :P not something packaged
{snip of irrelevant stuff}
[22:43:01] mrptptpt: I can't find any information about arcades here......... I thought I'd find all kinds of music games I wanted to play, but all they have here is drum games from what I've seen. yesterday, I found an old Beatmania machine (Beatmania 1, not IIDX... pretty old), but that's it...
[22:44:35] mrptptpt: I want to find Pop'n Music mainly... they have plenty of Japanese games here, and I thought I'd find that... I'd like to play that before I spend $80-100 making an arcade controller for it so I can play that at home (it's like Beatmania, but probably harder, despite being designed as a children's version of music games)
[22:45:01] AlenaBrolxFlami: OH, THAT GAME! You told me about it once or twice...
[22:45:25] AlenaBrolxFlami: as for Beatmania, I guess you don't need to play the really old game
[22:45:31] mrptptpt: I've been to 3-4 arcades now, but they're mostly games to win tickets.. the video game section is pretty crappy. these places look massive, but really don't have much in them
[22:47:00] mrptptpt: some of them have gambling rooms too, which I just read somewhere is illegal... not sure how that works since they're pretty damn open and obvious... there's no door to them from outside I guess, but it's like half the arcade in a separate room when you go in.. and they require ID at the door for that, so that much seems legit.. I don't know
[22:49:36] AlenaBrolxFlami: so I gather you haven't been inside a gambling room
[22:50:57] mrptptpt: sure I have. I didn't spend any money there, but I looked around
[22:51:11] mrptptpt: mostly slot machines and stuff where you're pretty much guaranteed to lose
[22:52:26] AlenaBrolxFlami: oh, okay... probably not your scene, then
[22:57:12] mrptptpt: there was a blackjack game I was tempted to try out, but we couldn't figure out how much you needed to put in to start it... she was going to go ask someone, but I don't need extra help to probably just lose money playing that, so that's okay :P just went somewhere else instead
[23:06:58] mrptptpt: I didn't have ID on me, but they didn't ask for it. apparently, I look over 18 now
[23:55:01] AlenaBrolxFlami: so what else have you discovered?
[00:01:40] mrptptpt: well, I found two places for dip bars and pullups :P they have all these little exercise stations around, but you can't really do any normal exercises on them, just whatever incredibly easy exercise you're supposed to do on them... most of those places have little playgrounds nearby where I can use the monkey bars or something to do stuff
[00:04:44] AlenaBrolxFlami: just don't injure yourself
[00:06:31] mrptptpt: why would I do that?
[00:09:52] AlenaBrolxFlami: I'm just remembering how you did that on your birthday last year or something :P


Trivia fact for Monday, Feb. 22: When it comes to U.S. currency, which state's quarter features George Washington on both sides? New Jersey's. Heads on the quarter, issued in 1999, is the same as all other state quarters, with Washington shown in profile. On the reverse side, the first president is shown crossing the Delaware River with members of the Colonial army.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home