Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dinner at the HO HO Hos / LOVE DREAM / Bookworm redux / Shortbread / Hiking

Diane (the_fuzzy_bunny) thanked me for my Christmas card, and Jennifer L. (tehgreenfairy) says she sent mine today - hopes I get it before Christmas. Farrah (lilaznffairy421) says she sent mine before she left L.A. - we'll see if I get it at home, too! Karine (karineinthepool) got my 2010 Olympics postcard, and emailed to thank me for it! Vanessa H. buzzed me on Facebook chat to say she was in town (as is Rachel, who definitely wants to see Steph's new place!), and asked how I was. I'm well, but I had to jet to dinner! Borrowed a pair of blue shoes from the laundry room because they'd be easier to take off and put on when I got to the HO HO Hos, hahaha.

Hanging out at the Ho house was relaxing! Had peppermint tea, vegetables, lettuce wraps, Chinese tea, chicken and beef skewers, pumpkin ale, Dallas, tomorrow's plans as far as picking up the lards go, Capilano, lights, Jamaican cake, and other things while talking about matchmaking, Holly's students, chocolate, Christmas dinners, little kids, presents, bananas, dried scallops, cooking, Eric / Veronica / Ron, SERVANTS, sleep, Auntie Ying, Karina, Steph's new townhouse, people at their church, prayer, whether certain people would be a good match for each other (being tall should NOT be the only criterion, Auntie Wing!), photos, and other things. Holly and Peter played Bookworm on their iPhones, and I told them that I used to play it on the computer ALL the time! (she apologized for not being entertaining, but it was fine) Auntie Wing wondered why they were playing it when it was frustrating, and Holly said that it was addicting - she speaks the truth, man! Later, we heard Holly CATERWAUL from the PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, and then sang one Christmas carol (O HOLY NIGHT) - poor Peter was pretty tired already! (Jon had to play the LOVE DREAM at least twice)

When I got home, I portioned the shortbread cookies from the exchange into a Ziploc bag for Jon to take to Holly on Friday. I know the other cookies need to be eaten soon - maybe I'll give them to people if I go to Thursday's candlelight service. Jon had wanted to know why I didn't give them away on Friday - well, I didn't want certain people to get their hands on them! Of course, I didn't say that! After I did cookie portioning (haha), I decided to bite the bullet and call Auntie Ying - I figured she might wanna kill me, although she doesn't seem like that type of person. She said things were fine, as there was the pancake / egg / ham breakfast, and she'd seen Esther / Margaret / Amos and his mom / other kids too. As I was checking my email / Facebook / friends list (and typing one-handed), she told me about BASIC CHRISTIANITY / her friend John in the long-term care unit (a wheelchair) and his sister Joan visiting / Uncle Peter wanting her to call me to see how I was doing / Phil, Pastor John, children's Bibles / wanting to learn computers / little Rachel's grandma / prayer requests / lunch and such being good / small groups confirming Sunday attendance (?!) / ideas / multi-level marketing being applied to witnessing (?!) / getting together in the future. Now I'm just mock-arguing with Corey about his Italian-German heritage, hahaha.


This is from a cruise the family took in 2007:




Poo nugget for Tuesday, December 22: Doo You Know? - Doo-Doos and Don'ts of Hiking Etiquette - The incredible popularity of hiking and climbing has made waste disposal a big topic for outdoor recreationists and organizations. In 1990, Hikers Against Doo-Doo was founded. It is an international organization dedicated to keeping human and animal excrement off mountain paths around the world. The group claimed a thousand members as of 1994, and attracted nineteen people to its 1993 International Congress in Moscow.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home