Monday, November 02, 2009

I don't give a fig about your meeting DECORUM

I finally left my place around 5, and wondered if I'd have enough time to find a durable replacement at the mall before meeting Eric. After waiting through traffic on the bus route, I got off one stop early and decided to see if Roots or Bentley had what I was looking for. Bentley had a bag, but for $35 - more than I was willing to pay. Roots had the reusable bags, but they were smaller than what I wanted... I didn't mind paying the fifty cents for one, so that wasn't the objection. For some reason, I walked into Aldo (where I almost never shop) and asked if they sold reusable bags. I walked out a few minutes later as a happy customer, since I was able to get one of their AIDS charity bags for $10 without any tax - yay for the proceeds going to charity! The blue bag was generally what I was envisioning, and it even had a zipper!

Went to meet Eric, and JUST got the 410 a minute or so before it went away from the bus stop. With my walking speed, it was a close race as to whether I'd actually get it or not. Good thing I did, because I only had to wait three minutes or so in the rain before Eric showed up. I was random, then asked what he was in the mood for as far as dinner went: why am I not surprised about the Spicy Italian bit? Updated him about yesterday, Jen, Connie, the discussion we'd had about Mr. Creep, Christon, Randal, Jeremy's Magic Bra email picture, and things like that before HE went random on a tangent about Dr. Bishop and weird cities. Then he sang some weird tune - just when I was thinking that I wouldn't mind if he did it for some time longer, he stopped. Oh well. He wondered whether I had the ability to FEEL things from people - I didn't think I did, but maybe in some small form, I do. Then I asked if he could see into the future, which just reminded me of FLASH FORWARD - I have yet to read OR watch that, unfortunately!

The meeting itself with Pastor John / Kevin / Dylan / Johnny was kinda uneventful (never mind the guys being geeks by talking about Windows 7 and iPhones), but Eric HAD to bring up Mr. Creep - I couldn't help but say "EW!" Then Johnny wanted to know who that was - I'm used to characterizing the guy as a creep, so of course that's what I did. Earned myself a reproof in the name of "meeting decorum" from Dylan, who said that he knew I had personal feelings, but... OH, SHUT UP! He's lucky I didn't want the meeting to derail into something quite bad, otherwise I'd have gone into a rant right there on the spot, never mind his beloved MEETING DECORUM. (as I told Eric later) Honestly, I can understand why he said that, but it's not like Creep was actually THERE IN THE ROOM! Some people are insane...

Earlier, Dylan wondered whether Harmony had changed her name - his wife Deb wants to change hers, apparently. No, she has not - and neither did her sister! Learned info about Jose, too - YAY! Our next meeting isn't till early January, so that's good. (and we have both Christmas and New Year's off...) On the way home, Eric told me that Creep had actually HELPED him and Randal draw food on a booth for the Kids' Carnival on Wednesday night... EWWWWW! Good thing he told me that AFTER Halloween, because I'd have done SOMETHING to Creep had I known about it BEFORE! (or maybe I just like to think I would have, but STILL...) Yes, I know this year's theme was FOOD, but still... Eric wanted to know what I thought about Randal drawing bananas (as long as Mr. Creep didn't draw them - PHALLIC SYMBOL!) or milk (breast-feeding?) or sushi or eggplant - whatever. I don't suspect HIM of being a creep... if Mr. Creep's name comes up for DF membership in six months or fewer, I swear I'm going to have to say NO.

Eric said that of course I'd accept my brother as a Fellowship member, and I've accepted my sister-in-law into my family, so I wouldn't have issues with her either. He's correct, of course. I said that I'd discovered Creep works as a JANITOR - oh man. I then equated bacon (what HE drew for the card game) with grease and lube - Eric did one of several facepalms he had to do during the course of the ride, and said that I was either a brilliant psycho or really deranged. Talked about being POLITE rather than blunt - meh, I think I'll have to work on that when it comes to certain people! Later, he mimed taking meds - HA, as if I need them! He thinks I need someone who will accept my fears - we'll see.

At home, I discovered an irreparable hole in the bling sweater that I was wearing - UGH. But at least I found that my replacement bag worked well for its intended purpose! Jon called a few minutes after I got home, and informed me that he and Harmony thought my excuse was ridiculous... I do need prep time! To emphasize the excuse being reality, I guess I will bring the replacement bag along, and actually work on some prep - reading the passage and teacher book, for sure. Maybe I'll bring Jon's birthday card so Steph can sign it - and Vivian S.'s card, as well. Told Jon about the ripped bag too, heh.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home