Sunday, November 01, 2009

Creep vibes, random stuff, SCARY TALL GIANTS, and more!

My mom thought that I was meeting with Auntie Ying to prepare for toddler Sunday School during the week, which isn't true. I could have let her think that, but then that would lead to another set of questions like "You're not making her go out of her way, are you?!" Even if we DID meet up to do that, it would be where it's convenient for both of us. So then Mom tried getting me to go to the dinner, since I can always "prepare during the day" - I've found something that works for me (if I'm not getting disrupted), and taking three hours out for a dinner is not really an option right now. We'll see about things in future, I guess - my dad said to just let me do what I do. There you go, then!

Got to service late, and was going to sit by Kevin until I realized that Mr. Creep was two rows up. My worship experience would be tainted / ruined by the CREEP VIBE even at that distance, so I quickly switched spots and ended up next to my brother and Harmony. (Daniel came in later and sat by me) I didn't care if Randal was in the row behind me, so that worked. Shook hands with a few people pre-Communion, and the sermon was fine, since it referenced THE DARK SIDE! During a couple glances up to the crying room, I accidentally looked the wrong way, and had Mr. Creep in my line of vision - oh well.

Gave Jon another random bag of stuff from Mom - I know he has as much need for it as I do (which is to say very little), but it's okay since she gives us BOTH random stuff, haha. He found some pretty old things in there, let me tell you! Once I saw Auntie Ying, I gave her the HEAVY 500 sheets of paper I'd bought last week - hey, the kids seem to like drawing! Talked to Chrystal, Melia, Jen, Jeremy, Eric, Harmony, Hannah x2, Natalie, Danielle, and more people: Part 2 of the "you must be pregnant because you slept over at a guy's house!" (the girls found it funny!), Wednesday's lunch, transit, plans, last night's carnival, leftover candy, what we did yesterday after the carnival, tonight's dinner, and more. Jon said that Eric wasn't going to the dinner, which I figured might be the case... it was fine, though! (good thing Mr. Creep stayed away from the kids and me)

Eventually, I went upstairs to the toddler room, to find Alan and Margaret there - and a new kid with his parents, I think. It was pretty crowded, but we seemed to manage fine. I was visibly not as well-prepared as I might have been (thanks to those Thursday phone calls and such), but it seemed to be okay, Gave the kids some Tootsie Rolls - it seems that the twins are talking to me a bit more now. Conor was easily impressed with my story of giants as tall as the room - he'd be scared for sure! Went downstairs after things had ended, and talked to Dianne / Cindy / Christon / Jon / Harmony / Jen / Jeremy about the iCafe vs. dim sum. I decided to go with my parents and Alan and Polly to the usual place: I wasn't really surprised when I heard that they'd been there yesterday for lunch, heh. Dad thought I'd run away again on the Skytrain, but I didn't - this past Friday was good, at least. Talked about Netspeak / text message speak (UGH), Mama's Chinese Kitchen being BAD, and other stuff too.

After having to wait a long time for some food that was forgotten about since the kitchen was busy, I used Mom's phone (which was Jon's) to call my brother to figure out what was going on. As I told him, I went to Kingsgate Mall first and THEN to Jeremy's to make sure he'd be home. I checked out Buy-Low and scored at least six or seven packages of 50% off candy: wine gums, two mixes, Hershey's, Smarties, Coffee Crisp, Butterfinger, and Smarties. Also got soy sauce, some root beer-flavored green tea (which was unfortunately DECAF), and some nut-raisin mix. Went to Jeremy's - Christon said he'd gotten there a few minutes before I had. Discussed candy, alcohol, "essence," recipes, church stuff, Sarah giving Sam a durian, the box of salt in Jeremy's bathroom, Jeremy's "envelope collage" of Nathan's email, butter, Bathroom Readers, onions, squash, pork chops, apples, ingredients, and more. Jon and Harmony are here now, and Connie says she'll come later - good. If Christon ever invites a certain person to these things, I'm gonna puke! :P (Jeremy came in here and asked about that email where I said I wasn't coming - apparently had him concerned, so I told him exactly what was up!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home