Monday, November 02, 2009

Porkchops, not caring about Mr. Creep's scars, reprising Greatest Hits of Sunday Dinners

Randal, Jen, and Connie came over in short order - I was a bit surprised to see Randal, but we're generally civil these days. Everyone discussed squash, Bible-ripping, porkchops, the "greatest hits" of Sunday Dinners past, what we'd do to celebrate Jon's birthday this year, the flu shot, Scotch cheesecake, my NOT turning red for once, my "score" of discounted candy, Buy-Low (Jon and Harmony went there just before going to Jeremy's!), text expression, people who date for a LONG time (and plan their life years ahead so they'll know about what they do during that time - Christon's friend does this), Ray and Peggy, and more. We saw Ryan (Jeremy's roommate) briefly, and we girls were having an intense discussion about Mr. Creep while the guys were cooking in the kitchen.

Christon just thinks that he doesn't want the guy to have another scar like the one he had at the past church where he attended the university fellowship. While I can understand that, and I admit it IS bad when the leader of the group comes to you and basically bars you from the fellowship because people feel uncomfortable because of the age gap (and this only happened three or four years ago), you'd think he would LEARN! Sure, our fellowship is a little older (and Pastor John has this vision of inter-generational small groups), but for some reason, I still have NO PROBLEM being less than welcoming to him! Jen thinks she could give him a chance, but I still won't because of my instinct. Sure, my instinct could have been wrong before, but I think I still have to go with my gut on this one. If younger people benefit from older people's experiences (mentors?), I obviously have NO problem with that... but not when Mr. Creep is included. If he turns out NOT to be a predator or whatever, it's all very well and good. But I'm not excluding him based on race or anything else like that!

We recounted the twice-burned beef stew which only Ray liked, the overly salty root vegetables that Christon made (which Eric bugged him about for MONTHS afterward!), the homemade Pho, and other such hits and misses for Connie, Jen, and Randal. It was a hilarious discussion, for sure... Connie's a complete newbie to the Sunday Dinner Experience, and seemed to enjoy the stories. As usual, the guys overcooked - the pork chops were MASSIVE, man! Discussed certain things which happened to Christon in Quebec and France (underage drinking and fights), peeling carrots (it's COOL for me!), clapping when all the pork chops were done at 9:25 (we ate at 7:45 or so), German "cat tongue" candy, the various beers, and other such things. Connie dropped Jon and Harmony off at home before dropping me off at the Canada Line station - we discussed the Panties on Hoops Myspace page, a hypothetical Sunday Dinner group on Facebook, Nathan's wackiness (he should do the writeup for the Facebook group!), and more.

While I was waiting outside Brighouse Station for a 401 or 407, one of the handles of my Crabtree & Evelyn bag just RIPPED off. Good thing the walk from the 401 / 407 bus stops to my place is not that far! (although I'd be at a disadvantage if a guy tried robbing me or whatever) Maybe I should make the group, and then I can control who gets in, muhahahaha. At home, I placed all the candy on the table because there really is no other good place to put it (for now), and then called Andrea back since she'd called me an hour and a quarter earlier. Turns out she sent me an email about women's group this week - at Karmie's place, eh? Hmm... I'll see, if evil redrum doesn't make me too blah! Kempy also suggested I become a fan of his band Booster on Facebook - Spoz already is, so WHY NOT? Hahaha...




You Are the Suburbs



You've got a bad rap, but you think people are just jealous of how good you've got it.

You prefer to live somewhere that's clean, safe, and cheap. What could be wrong with that? You're not going to apologize for liking chain restaurants and good schools.



While you may not be as sophisticated as the city, you're content with your life. Plus, there's more to do in the suburbs than people think.

Besides, you can visit the city anytime you'd like. And when your fun in town is done, you have a comfy suburban house to come home to.

Poo nugget for Monday, November 2: Camouflage Poo - Synonyms: Dalmatian Dookie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Doo, Black and Tan, Olive Leaf. (POO OF THE MONTH!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home