Friday, October 30, 2009

SEVEN unanswered goals?! / Hot pot in the lounge / Jose's birthday / Free bubblewrap!

Eric picked me up, and I said something about the Canucks game being on. We couldn't hear most of it due to the radio, but it was okay since it was 2-0 for Vancouver when we got to church. We discussed Mr. Creep - I never said I was going to call him by his actual name! Uncle Daniel remains that way, and the GOOD Daniel is either Daniel or Dan, depending on my mood. No, I wasn't going to run off tonight, especially since I didn't have my bus pass - I could go to Superstore, maybe. I asked him if he were going to the Sunday Dinner at Jeremy's - for some reason, he hadn't gotten THAT email either, so I said that I thought Jon LOVED him! Of course, he does have the real Harmony now, as opposed to pseudo-Harmony, but still. Later, I said I'd call Jon and say that Eric was feeling a bit unloved - he wondered at the delay in my reaction, haha. Oh, shush! At least he reassured me that any new people on the Google Groups list (read MR. CREEP) don't have access to my email and info!

When we got to church, a bunch of the teens were there decorating for Kids Carnival tomorrow. Said hi to Stanley, Sarah, Lanie, Gladys, Hilary, Hannah, Jonathan, Andrew, Jeremy, William, Jessica, and others. (and offered them chocolate eclairs later) Went upstairs, where hot pot was in the lounge - said hi to Connie, Andrea, Citrus, Janice, Jose, Richie, and Dianne. Of course, I ignored the perfidious blackguard. Talked about birthdays (Jose says he'll be impressed if I remember it - Dianne said I definitely would), the H1N1 going around (Dianne has plenty of experience with that as she's a med student), venison, boogers and earwax (Andrea joked that this is Dianne's new passion in life), layoffs (poor Jose!), Olympic Village stuff, the U2 concert yesterday (Bono gave his famous sunglasses to a little girl, maybe!), and other things.

Jose seemed to like his first hot pot experience, especially the balls and such - squid balls were interesting, and so were the wrapped noodles! Udon was good too, and the meat and veggies were cool. Too bad Grace couldn't make it out, since apparently it was her suggestion! But we did get a container to put some leftovers in so Phil could bring them home. (had some plum juice / Coke / apple juice, too...) Jonathan poked his head in to tell us that the Canucks had somehow lost 7-2 to the Ducks - WTF?! At least it was good for Richie's hockey pool, I guess... Lesley, Eric, Vanessa, Johnny, William, and others came in to partake of our food. Cordia, Joyce, and Quan tried this later on with disappointing results because we'd cleaned up already!

A bit later, I talked to Richie and Janice about music: apparently, Taiwanese singers are more talented than Canto-pop singers since the Taiwanese singers can play instruments / write their own songs / dance / do all this other stuff. Canto-pop singers apparently can only sing, or something. Doesn't sound too good, no... talked about Korean stuff, concerts with a good message, Jason Mraz, Starfield, Hillsongs, Richie's CD collection, iPod stuff, and more. Went outside to talk to Cindy, Dianne, Lesley, and a newcomer named Winnie (who's older than us, AGAIN) about the H1N1 flu shot (Dr. Winnie got it on a Monday, and her husband Kenny had to help her lift her arms up to put them in her sleeves!) and such. Cindy also reported it being just THAT painful - ouch! We discussed the pastoral staff with Winnie - Pastor John, Phil, Wai-Mui, Pastor Edward, and Auntie Rebecca were who we knew OF. Dianne thought Jon was still an intern, but that ended in April... but of course she threw that fact in. (MY BROTHER!) It also sounded impressive to say that my parents were two of the founders of the church, too... Winnie DID ask how long I'd been coming to the church. Her mom had been with her the past couple of Sundays, so it kinda felt like preschool, heh. No, I didn't get a bad feeling from her... talked about Phil and Joe and other churches.

Later, Eric looked for his water bottle while I said hi to Hannah / Priscilla / Wai-Mui / Uncle Eugene - he couldn't find it. In the parkade before we started the car, he told me that all the "rigmarole" was for nothing. Well, it's a GOOD thing that Mr. Creep didn't show up - maybe he'll get the message that he IS NOT WANTED, at least by me. It's always well to guard against possibilities, I told Eric. Discussed pee and sinks, getting gas, the football game, BC Place, farting, Committee Meeting, Julie C., Hannah, French, the AGM, turning up the volume on my computer, Homestar Runner Wiki, Sunday worship, plans, and other things. Eric joked that he had given Mr. Creep my phone number - I hope that he's forgotten my name for REAL, man! It's PERSONAL! Got home and found some reasonably clean bubblewrap just lying on the floor of the apartment complex foyer, so I decided to take it since most of it was unpopped. Free bubblewrap, man... you just can't pass THAT up! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home