Saturday, October 03, 2009

I violated the "don't get in cars with almost strange men!" rule tonight...

Ivan picked me up... or I should say that two men I've seen around church picked me up in their blue car, with Ivan in it. We said hi, then listened to some Mandarin radio show on the way to church. Talked briefly to Ivan, and assured him that I'd get a ride home. When I went into the church, Ivan wondered why I didn't just go to the second floor - meh, I'll see what's going on downstairs first, haha. Saw Sonya (who bugged me about the game last night), Mike, Sarah (who said that Enoch was having a coffeehouse in the fellowship hall), and a bunch of other people before I made my way upstairs.

Saw Andrea, and instantly asked her for a ride home - she was able to do it, so YAY! Talked to Grace (Phil's sick!), Kevin (I let him have some paper so he wouldn't have to write the attendance on his hand), Cindy (I alone knew that Eric was sick!), Dianne, Rich, and Johnny back from Hong Kong. Bible Study was interesting, but I did wish Teresa would stop coughing. She asked a number of us to pray for her, so we said we would. Talked to Lesley, Cindy, Dianne, Dylan, Deb, Kevin, and Vanessa about teaching, dumb kids, predestination, and more. After a "large group" discussion on Ephesians 1, we talked amongst ourselves. I told Harmony that it was a thought-provoking Bible Study; she's had stimulating discussions with people of a Calvinist bent, for sure.

Annie had been away in Victoria, and she asked about Steph. I said hi to Stanley, then joined in the HAPPY BIRTHDAY singalong to Christon. Time to get the Christ on, indeed... also said bye to Margaret. Went home with Andrea: talked about life, my great-aunt, Chuck and his mom, cancer, the very understanding people in his program, wedding planning, Jon / Harmony, Sherman, Steph and her townhouse, and more. Didn't know her aunt and grandma were getting baptized: it's a good thing that I'll probably see Chuck next Friday! I definitely plan to hug him hello, for sure! (Andrea and I were amused by her substitution of "Easter" for "Thanksgiving," oops!) It's good to have nice friends, for sure!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home