Monday, October 12, 2009

"Eat first and clean up later!" / Chronicling birthday dream / Poo intimacy

I still like Stanford's suggestion for Harmony since she didn't feel comfortable being at the volunteer dinner yesterday because she hasn't volunteered yet. "Tell her to eat first and clean up later, haha!" When we told her about this later on, she didn't think that was the right thing to do! Oh well. :P [Dad even asked Jon where his lovely wife was... um, that's WRONG! Sorta...]

Had a weird dream - all I can remember is that I was chronicling birthdays while having a fight with Randal. After a while, I was in another part of the building because I had to lead a group of kids everywhere. Suddenly, I felt this urge to go back to my room. So I did, only to find Randal fixing my stuff. I wondered briefly why he was there, and we had a bit of a talk about what happened. A bit later, he saw me when I was with another group of kids, and waved to me, saying that maturity was a big factor. I knew he was joking, though. Then I woke up. No idea why I had this one, as per usual!

Dad called me ten minutes ago from some phone number which I don't recognize - what the?! He wondered where Jon was, and whether he was going to pick me up for lunch or not. Since I know he's teaching and tends to run late, I'm not worried yet! (and yes, I did tell him that) If it was 2 PM, then sure... but it's not. Ah, Jon just called two minutes ago to say he's done teaching - he and Harmony will be here in about seven minutes! See? No cause to stress out. :D


Poo nugget for Monday, October 12: The Intimacy of Poo - Nature is full of examples suggesting that defecation is more than just physiological necessity. One need look no further than at a cat hastily concealing its feces, a dog doing the reverse leg kick to separate himself from his deed, or at a young child quietly escaping to a quiet corner of the room, to appreciate the extremely personal nature of poo. Given the intimacy of this process, it comes as no surprise that there is an air of vulnerability surrounding this act. This sentiment is embodied in the well-known saying "He was caught with his pants down." Some would say that allowing oneself to "be caught" by another while performing this most private of duties truly signifies the development of an unwavering trust. Others would say that pooing openly in front of others is just weird.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home