Sunday, October 11, 2009

Apparently, I'll have return teaching engagements - oh my!

Said hi to Grandma and Great-Aunt today in the car, for which they called me "good." This morning at service, I found myself wishing I'd stashed some Ricola cough drops away in my knapsack. (my dad commented on my mucus - um, thanks...) It's not like the 7-11 is steps away anymore, after all! I met a few of Richie's Calgary friends, and Randal passed me an envelope from Grace - I didn't mind that, but did wonder briefly why he shook my hand. At least it was better than Mr. Creep - more details on that later. (for some reason, I don't trust CREEP!) Said hi to Lucas, Sarah, Emily x2, Chrystal, Mike T., and a few more people. Empathized with Lucas' sister Hannah on being stick in Kelowna till 4 PM yesterday because of that Air Canada computer glitch - she just wanted be HOME! I wished Grace a happy birthday, and gave her the butterscotch Chipits. Jon and Harmony were later to service than Steph was (she was five minutes late), but it was a good thing that they sat in my pew. I had a big red plastic bag full of things (newspapers and clothes?!) to give to him, so under cover of Daniel telling us about a prayer or song, I said "Ug - stuff from Mom" and passed it over Acer. Also accidentally spritzed Acer's pants with hand sanitizer, but it was the foaming stuff, so went away within seconds. (otherwise, I'd have apologized!)

After service, my cough seemed to get better - and pretty much went away in Sunday School time; SO WEIRD! Of course, I didn't want to infect the kids with it, haha... maybe that was God helping me, heh. Told Steph about the COUGAR TOWN show, and bugged Jon about it too. Jon said that he should be a participant in it, and Harmony was NOT impressed, haha. Gave Christon's Bible Study group card to him later on while he was talking to Mr. Creep - I didn't give HIM the time of day, but focused on Christon as I explained to him what it was for! I noticed that Perfidious Blackguard deliberately used the other door of the fellowship hall to enter said room... okay, then! Not that I'd TOUCH you, so you don't have to worry about that! Noticed Jonathan and a few other teens with some pumpkin pie, so bugged them about eating everything - I can't eat like that anymore, man!

Said hi to Lily and her daughter Hannah outside the fellowship hall a little later. Saw baby Mattias, who just turned ONE a couple days ago, so I gave him a birthday card. After he dropped it on the floor a couple of times, I said I'd let Mommy hold it instead! Karen said that he almost fell asleep during the last song - I agree that the rhythm of Hillsongs' You Hold Me Now is very conducive to a good sleep, haha. Johnny and Kevin were talking about a wedding rehearsal - weddings on Thanksgiving weekend?! Oh my. Noticed Jon talking to someone and saying "my wife and I don't drive too often," so I reflected to myself that it was still strange hearing him say things like that!

Briefly talked to him about tomorrow's Thanksgiving lunch at the townhouse - it's all good if they pick me up between 12:15 or 12:30... knowing them, it might be 12:45, but I am not as impatient as certain people! Told him that Eric had joked about my doing something to "my brother and sister-in-law" on Friday night; when he said that he'd been in the downtown Eastside all day, I said that I'd told Eric that they were at a dinner as far as I knew. That didn't mean I'd done something to him and Harmony, man! Spotted Vivian talking to Lanie, so I told her that I forgot the Fuzzy Peach candy since I was rushed out of the house this morning! Next time!

Finally made my way upstairs at 11:30 or so, then got distracted by baby Allison for a few minutes. Karen Chan, Anita, Mike K., Julie, and Elaine said hi to me - baby Allison even waved to me! I said hi to everyone, then Allison gave me a green package of lemon wafers, of which she had two. Of course I thanked her, and didn't say anything when she took it back to give to Mike. Apparently, she talks a lot at home, and knows how to choose her cereal in the mornings! ("Shreddies, cornflakes, and something else!") Mommy (Anita) won't give her too much sugar, so dried Fruit to Go is perfect for snack purposes! We concluded that the lemon wafer packages were for her to practice sharing, heh. Anita wanted her to go and scare Daddy (Jeff), but she was instead trying to hide between the lounge chairs - Karen thought she might get stuck!

Talked about the difference between lemons and limes - Mike didn't know they were actually different until last year. He just thought a lime was like an unripe lemon, heh. After a couple more minutes, I realized I had to get going, so I said bye to everyone. Poked my head in the lounge to say bye to Jeff - turns out he was talking to Jason Yeasting! Haven't seen HIM in ages, for understandable reasons! Said hi and bye to him before I went off to toddler Sunday School. I taught the kids literally from the guidebook and my rudimentary notes, and let them see my Bible. Auntie Ying thanked me and hugged me, too. (she used what I recognized as the Chinese word for "daughter-in-law" while talking to one of the parents because it is Grace's birthday today... I'm learning! Kinda...)

She thinks that the kids listened to me more (for all Conor was being very active), so she figures I can do this all year. Uh, thanks... guess I'll see if I can do it! Gave Amanda her thank-you card, and she said she had a special book which she'd have to bring me next week since she forgot! Well, I'll see about that, haha. Made sure that Amanda's mom Catherine knew about the card, too. (Esther was very cute, Evelyn was a bit clingy, David tried to steal a THOMAS THE TRAIN book, and Amos was good!) Went downstairs (after fielding a question from Nina about Auntie Bessy) to see what was going on with my family - Steph hadn't slept in the car, but had had coffee instead. (Dad was under the impression that she'd go home after service since she cane home at 3)

Mr. Creep tried shaking my hand again, and I was THIS CLOSE to saying "No, I don't shake hands with pedophiles!" I just said that I would NOT shake his hand, although I could have used the "getting sick" excuse, haha. He even invited me to lunch with him and others... um, NO. Thank goodness I had a family lunch at Tsui Woo! (I did talk to Pastor John about my concerns - he reassured me that there was a church policy about new people helping out with kids - I knew about this, of course. I used PEDOPHILE and noted his odd behavior with the sign-up sheets; Pastor John thanked me for my concerns. Well, they'd better be duly noted, is all I can say! Went over to the water cooler, and said hi to Matthew Ma #2 - he can't remember my name, heh.

Said hi to my great-aunt (who called me by my Chinese name - so unsettling!), and wondered where my grandma was... ah, just behind her. Eventually, we all went to Tsui Woo - a table of 13?! (our family, Auntie Eva, Uncle Percy, Auntie Paula, Auntie Eileen, a familiar-looking man, Alan, and Polly) It was pretty good! Asked Steph to call Eric for me so I could remind him about this afternoon. Since I couldn't hear him because of the LOUD restaurant, I said "I can't hear you, so I assume you said yes, and I'll call you later!" On the way home, I amused myself by talking about someone with 34F boobs - my mom thought that was impossible, haha. We also talked about farting, sweet potato cheesecake, shepherd's pie with ground turkey (Jon will appreciate the creativity!) instead of a whole turkey, and more. At home, I fielded an email from Eric sent just twelve minutes before I got in - woohoo! Eric just called, so I am out of here!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home