Friday, October 09, 2009

New Duggar grandchild / I know Sean's a dentist now!

I've heard that the Duggars now have a grandchild. Can't say I'm a big fan of the name, so won't be posting it here. :P

The transit police and fare checkers were out in force today, if someone checking fares at both ends of my journey was any indication! Thank goodness I had my bus pass, although that leaves me to wonder about the people whose transfers have JUST expired, or are about to expire. Are they allowed to wait for the next train, or do they have to purchase new tickets? HMM! I got to the dentist office and realized I had no cash (like last time), but I said I'd be back once I got some from the nearby bank machine... UNLIKE last time!

I had to wait for someone who took a long time at said machine, but I withdrew what turned out to be the perfect amount of money because of X-rays and such! The CIBC machine brought back memories of when I had to use those for a certain person, yikes. Uncle Andrew said that he wanted his son Sean to check my teeth next time - I know he's graduated from dental school, and thought it might be kind of awkward since I was around him a lot when he was growing up. We'll see what happens in April! I heard a story about Auntie Brenda and pineapple coupons in Hawaii which only reinforces what I've heard about her from my parents, hahaha. Nine people on vacation, and she gets a lot of coupons for free pineapple... of course, she wants to maximize the coupons for the two families. The only problem is that you can't EAT that much pineapple in a week! HAHAHAHAHA!

I had no cavities, which is good. When I left with Colgate Pro-Health toothpaste / a 2010 calendar / a toothbrush, I saw Helen - it turns out I changed my appointment for her! Said that I hadn't replied to her email yet because my great-aunt was in town, but she still hugged me hello. Good to see her! Went to White Spot and had a Monterey Jack burger with melted cheese (YAY!) and mushrooms, then went to Hallmark Cards to get birthday / thank you cards for Mattias and Amanda. Saw that cookware store I was referencing the other day - Barnes & Castle is its name! Just for info purposes, I went inside to price the non-stick pots... a two-quart one is $25, which doesn't sound too bad. There was a big "80% off inventory!" sign, so I guess I could have bought one and not broken the budget, but I'm not greedy. Besides, I'd have had no room for it on the crowded Canada Line!

Got home to find my sister had called me at 2:30, so I called her back. Seems she's taking Grandma and Great-Aunt out for lunch tomorrow, and wasn't sure if I'd be free. Since there's no Awana because of Thanksgiving, I'll join them. Won't be before noon, since she has to sleep after work - very understandable! The air outside smelled like laundry detergent, haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home