Monday, September 07, 2009

Ben and Erin's wedding reception (Allison is so cute, even if Mattias loves grapes)

I practically overslept this morning before going to Ben and Erin's wedding reception! As I was telling Chrystal later on, I thought I'd set my alarm, but really hadn't. Got up at 9:45 with no time to eat or drink, and barely enough time to post placeholders on both LJ and FB - I did write a wedding card and stick it in with a gift, however. The ceremony part of the reception was pretty long, so I guess it's a good thing I've trained my body to not be used to food right after I get up. Not like I can eat right after I wake, at any rate. At least I can sleep in tomorrow, depending on the vagaries of my body.

Talked to Eric and Dad about transit, no more 98 B-Line, route changes, the Canada Line, traffic changes, and other such generally acceptable stuff. Good thing Eric remembered his camera, since I'd have had no time to call him! Eric and I sat near people we knew (Harmony / Jonathan / Jeremy Y. / Margaret), and took in the slide show from Ottawa's wedding and old pictures. We refreshed Margaret's memory on Phil C. the photographer's last name, too. It was interesting to hear some people's perspectives, for sure - although Jonathan accidentally slapped Margaret across the face on a missed high-five attempt.

I knew the ceremony was getting a bit long when I heard baby Mattias cry a lot from the other side of the room. After the photo session, I said hi to him before going for lunch. Interacted with babies Allison and Mattias, and talked to Lucas (about the 17th and his sister Hannah), Justin (who just wrote a "no" RSVP to my birthday party) Anita (grapes and pens!), Vania, Jon, Harmony, Hien, Quan, Calla (long engagements), Melia, Vernon, Sarah, Rich, Cindy, Eunice, Eddie, Eric, Jessica Lam (Oregon!), and more. The babies certainly provided a distraction, especially since Eric and I had to wait for some time for my parents! Good thing that certain people wouldn't have been there, hahaha. Saw Jon in the fellowship hall talking to Michelle, so I asked him where his wife was! "Oh, she has friends." was his reply, to which Michelle said that her husband had abandoned her too. Yes, but Daniel came up to us within thirty seconds!

Uncle Ted and Auntie Grace waylaid me on my way to the washroom - um, can't you wait till LATER?! (no, of course I didn't say that) Told David Ho to wave to baby Allison since she waved at him, and baby Mattias wasn't too impressed with "no more grapes or food" after a long lunch! (he cried a lot after I took away my shiny keys too!) Anita told us that Allison wasn't too fussy about new foods, although she doesn't like sauce on pasta - she'll eat it separately, though! She loves noodles, haha. Megan liked the soy sauce from the sushi, while Eric thought I overate on the BBQ pork - unfortunately, Jon and Harmony wouldn't take too much of it. Briefly spotted Steph on her way to the elevator since she had to work: apparently, she sleep-dialed Jon (and / or Harmony) at 5:57 AM!

Spotted Jon and Harmony talking to Sean, so I shook his hand to welcome him back home... Jon and I told Harmony that Sean was known for various interesting pronouncements. Then Uncle Andrew and Auntie Ena were introduced to Harmony, too. Later, Mom reinforced the "two weeks in December over Christmas" thing, and thought that I'd promised. Silence IS NOT assent, woman! Doesn't mean I won't do it, but I didn't actually articulate the words "I promise," did I? :P

Dad told us that Grandma and Mrs. Tang had gotten themselves lost on the Canada Line, since they mistakenly went to the airport instead of transferring trains like you're supposed to do. We said that the 19th would be good for dinner, because then Jon wouldn't feel so rushed and stuff. Wished Harmony a good trip to Toronto, and overheard Jon and Eric discuss Dylan's wedding - at least this is the last one for a while! Jeremy says it's kinda weird without Sam at home, haha. Went to the car, where Mom asked why were so late yesterday... I thought karaoke was generally understood to be a late-night activity! When Eric mentioned Raymond (because Mom asked who hadn't gone to karaoke from dinner), he nudged me, so I nudged him back. Of course I'm not going to say anything about him to my parents!

Told him that I'd see him on Friday when I exited the car (after a failed trip to XS Source) - more words than my mother got, which actually was just "Bye." No, I wouldn't stay over at their place since I have things to do too! (which are really none of their business!) Reminded Eric about Cindy's email, which I just responded to - no time in the past two days to do so! We'll see how Christmas goes - dinners and lunches, probably.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home