Sunday, August 16, 2009

The HOLY MO-FO Trailer! / Tsim Chai with WHITE MAN!

Here is THE HOLY MO-FO trailer, which Nathan spent lots of work doing for Jon's grad roast on Friday night!



Facebook quiz taken from Michael:

Leslie took the What age will you DIE? quiz and got the result: You'll die at age 103. Nothing to complain about; you lived a happy and lengthy life.


Found out this morning that Steph was driving us to church, so I called Eric at 8:45 to advise him of that fact. Spent a good ride to church, eased by Fit-Overs. (talked about detours, Jon and Harmony's housewarming, and the rest of grad banquet) Got to the parkade, and smiled at Joshua and Keenan. Greeted Jeremy and Christon when I got into service, and didn't shake anyone's hand this time around. Gave the USELESS HISTORY book to Phil, since I won't see him next week - good thing I finished it at breakfast this morning! The sermon was about violence and our own individual dark sides - very nice! Afterwards, I heard about a Vancouver police officer being arrested for incest... EW!

Talked to Chrystal, Connie, Margaret, baby Mattias, Uncle Peter, Andrew, Shally, and others in the fellowship hall. Mattias was distracted by other little babies (whom we didn't know) getting food from the snack table, so Margaret said that I was trying to mesmerize him with my key. He did reach out for the thing, but never actually took it! Chrystal's been having a good summer, and was going to hang out while people kayaked this afternoon somewhere. Connie is doing fine, too. Andrew wants to watch DISTRICT 9, and some R-rated movie after that.. oh my! Guess he's of age now, heh. Shally's just too warm, and joked that she was having hot flashes already! Taked to Jen, who wanted to know if I looked Jason up yet on her Facebook - nope! Spotted Silvester, so had to say hi to him!

Steph said that she could now pick Grandma up from next week's free lunch for seniors - we'll just have lunch on our own while that's going on! Told Jeremy that Jon was planning a Sunday Dinner at his place - of course nobody's gotten the email yet! When Eric heard that I'd brought a book about stupid people, he joked that it was about me - nope, it's about people like my former boyfriend, man! I asked what he'd do since he had no Sunday School, and he joked that he'd cause mischief - AIYA! After helping with the toddlers (I saw Annie's son Ewan again!), I went downstairs where we were pretty much ready to go. Chatted a bit with Karen and Lincoln before we left. Grandma got cranky when I informed her that Eric and I weren't going to Tsui Woo - I need a break from that place, and I'm sure she'll survive not eating there for two weeks!

Eric wanted to go into Richmond for wonton mein, and Tsim Chai it was! (beef with black pepper sauce, satay beef, Ovaltine, Hong Kong-style coffee, and tea!) I had to act as translator, which wasn't too bad. Discussed my being "evil," her wanting to go grocery shopping later at the nearby Asian market (poor Eric!), whether he wanted anything from the store, cute babies (I don't eat them - cute or otherwise), his parents being away, French, traffic being my fault, slamming the door for her, bread pudding, and more. Waited around while Grandma bought tofu, vegetables, and other things from the Chinese market - at least she thanked him when he dropped us off! I said that I'd see him next Sunday, and he wondered why I wasn't going to the small group outing: my excuse is that I have to keep an eye on Grandma, phew!

Turns out that I got home earlier than I normally would, which is very nice. Steph was up when we got in, so I discussed some things with her: planters, rice cookers, garbage bags on the floor (not me!), dishes, Grandma offering me 1.5 bananas on top of lunch, rides to work, non-Sunday schedules, lack of sleep before appointments, and more. Pretty good, and we'll see what this week brings us!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home