Friday, August 14, 2009

Settling scores / Grandma and her weird bedtime orders / Lavatories

I settled a score earlier tonight, and it was sweet vindication. Grandma came downstairs at 10 to ask why I wasn't sleeping yet, because my sister was in bed already. Well, Steph has to get up at 4 AM to be at work at 5 AM! I luckily have no such limitations on my time, otherwise I wouldn't be able to look after Grandma! Then I tried telling her that we'd go out in the late afternoon tomorrow, and got this response: "How are we going to eat if we go to church? I didn't give them any money for food! Oh, YOU did it for me." (I don't expect a word of thanks from her)

"But who's going to drive us, and at what time? White Kid? [Eric] Oh, Mr. Yung's son. But where does he live? In Richmond? Okay, I didn't know where... you should still sleep, though!" HAHAHAHA! It belatedly occurred to me that she might have thought I meant Phil as in Uncle Peter's son, rather than Sam as in Uncle Joel's son. Oh well, it's okay!


Poo nugget for Friday, August 14: Doo You Know? - Lavatories - "Lavatory" is the formal term for "toilet facilities." The word derives from the Latin lavatorium, which originally referred to "washing basins"... from the Latin lavare, "to wash." Eventually, it came to refer to the room that contained washing basins. Because these rooms often contained a toilet as well, the term eventually morphed into its current definition.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home