Friday, August 14, 2009

Beef Jerky Underpants... do we really wanna know?!

Sam and Jeremy picked me and Grandma up for grad banquet at about 5:30, then we went to get Karmie. Discussed the imminent axing of the 98 B-Line, the Canada Line, Josiah volunteering for a fruit company which gives the extra fruit from your trees to the Food Bank, the Screamers at Danny's Market (never had them myself), specific employees for pizza crust AND Screamers, Sam going to Manitoba soon, and other things. Got to the church in time to see the catering van in the parkade - excellent! Talked to Phil, Michelle, Auntie Cynthia, Emily, Isabel, Darren, Alan, Tracy, Daniel, Auntie Catherine, baby Mattias, and others. Temporarily lost track of where Grandma was, but I wasn't about to ask a perfidious blackguard where she was! Then I saw her sitting in the seats beside the stairs - good, because Phil was telling us to go inside the fellowship hall!

Steph and I decided to sit her down away from the speakers because we were concerned she'd say it was too loud. Turns out she thought we sat her there because it was closest to the food! I could have had my food first instead of having it last, but switched tables once it was apparent that she could talk to a few people in Chinese. Eric termed it "abandoning her," but she'd be fine! I was very careful where I sat, and decided to sit as far away from certain people as possible: I didn't mind sitting by Lesley, Harmony, Jon (when he got there), or white Jeremy (ditto)! After getting dessert, I stopped to talk to Mattias, who looked as if he wanted some - not now, but maybe when you're older!

The catered food was SO GOOD: orzo pasta which looked like rice (NOT OUZO), strawberries with salad, chicken in sauce, penne with vegetables, coffee, fruit slices, pastries as dessert, bread pudding with whipped cream, and more. Talked to Auntie Elaine, Uncle William, Winnie, Nathan, Eric, Andrew, Christon, Margaret, Elaine, Hannah, Stanley, and others: "spreading your legs," Kelowna, brewing, bloopers, outtakes, Youtube, weddings, Sunday Dinners, Nathan's "manly" Pink Energy drink, lack of sleep, pregnancy, trips, and more.

The roasts were VERY FUNNY (Sarah: "These baby pictures are all of my sister... wait, that's only this one because the others are of my brother!"), and Nathan's was EPIC! Rubber chickens, Steve Irwin impersonations, images of Jon and Harmony on plants in Eric's yard, Christon impersonating my dad, HOLY MO-FO, beef jerky underwear, going crazy in Nathan's basement, etc. SO EXCELLENT! Chris apparently got carried away in editing Sam's roast, so that fifteen-minute epic featured random shots of Lucas, J-Mak, Joey, Julie, Sarah, Ivan, the parkade, Chung, Karen, Mattias, baby Allison, Anita, Jeff, and other people. Grace roasted some people I didn't know, while Melia had to do a speech for someone she'd never met... oh dear. Steph left early since she noticed that Grandma was getting tired - Jon, Harmony, and I made plans for dinner tomorrow so at least Grandma doesn't have to cook! Sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mike at the end, too!

After Pastor John gave a message, we were free to mingle. Mattias loved my blue shiny shirt and (later) Calla's buttons on her jacket. Talked to Phil about Montreal and Dave, waved bye to Danielle and others, and played with Megan. Saw Joshua and Keenan, too! Megan loved the air vents in the fellowship hall - she was very entertained! I ignored a certain person while asking Eric for a ride home, although I'd have LOVED to gloat in his face about his proposals being rejected! For some reason, I was drawn to a conversation in which Nathan was outlining a use for beef jerky underpants: S&M, anyone? Cufflinks, handcuffs, and all that stuff... oh my. Calla told Harmony just to throw them out when she and Jon got home, haha. Talked about a possible Sunday Dinner at Jeremy's to say bye to Nathan and happy birthday to Eric, Jon and Harmony's housewarming on the 29th (an eight-hour affair?!), "Grandma duty" conflicting with the Fellowship small-group outing, school / exams, relationship, psycho-babble, "child / parent / adult," and more.

Stanley decided to kick us out, so we continued our discussions outside. On the way home, Eric thought I said a certain word - NO! He also didn't remember about the townhouse, so we inadvertently spent more time together. Discussed video games, sleep, sharp pains in his head (um...), #4 / Alderbridge, Sunday, reminder phone calls, fees for rides to church, mice in flour (I have bought none after THAT incident!), keys, and more. Good times! Got home and found a good email from my sister - YAY!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home