Thursday, July 09, 2009

Lemon, pomegranate, and scents with Chrystal / Sliding doors are not private entrances!

I ran out to meet Chrystal after she called me, but I had to get my stuff together first. She was inside London Drugs, looking at a display of some UV-blocking polarized Fit-Over sunglasses which were on sale at 40% off the price. After discussions on the size and color of the lenses, I decided to get a pair as well... I'd have gotten a sepia-lens one instead of clear-lens, but didn't like everything being tinted that color if I had to use my good vision! Besides, the large lenses felt too big on my face... they had medium-large ones, and that was perfect! It would always bug me that others could get sunglasses without caring about prescription, and prescription sunglasses just cost too much. Fit-overs will be fine for when I do go out in the sun and such; good thing for Chrystal that she can return them at any London Drugs! Yay for a fellow sunglass buddy!

We spent some time deciding what to do, and eventually went to Boston Pizza for one green salad shared between the two of us. She insisted on treating, and buying me some green apple Life lotion / some digestive biscuits / savory seeds and grains crackers from Shoppers Drug Mart / a cotton candy ice cream bubble tea with coconut jelly (as "something different") from Big Orange later on - she said it was NOTHING since I was always so kind in inviting her to my birthday parties and things like that. It works for me!

Talked about struggles, health, venting, talkative people, buying stuff and never using it, focusing on a normal conversation, mailing Candy's card, lotion, hand cream / sanitizer, body wash, Fellowship, Emily and Mike, Jon and Harmony's wedding, TV shows, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, TLC, urban songs, the jazz festival, hanging out with friends, Jeremy, and more. We went around Shoppers Drug Mart just smelling a bunch of the various lotions and body washes - so much choice! Body milk, carrot, lavender, Calgone, The Healing Garden, rice, rooibos tea, mango, lemon, pomegranate, ginger, citrus, honey nut, papaya, argon oil, Axe intense stuff, Irish Spring, and so much more!

After that good time, we had to go our separate ways. Got to the townhouse to find nobody there yet, so my mom tried convincing me that I was a thief because Grandma always thinks those people will ring the doorbell, and also that the sliding door to the backyard was a "private entrance" - nice try, but NO. Was nice to see Rachel, Lisa, and Auntie Esther again! Had crab (with the high-cholesterol yellow gut juice), Chinese vinegar dip, mussels, Coke, strawberry salad, ribs, curry chicken, tiny potatoes, and more stuff for dinner. Talked about Jocelyn, Clement, weddings, Fort Mac, Edwin and Karen's dad dying, Auntie May's dad dying of liver cancer as well, work, appointments, the library, moving, Dallas, Jonathan playing at worship night tomorrow, barbecues, guilt, rent, beer, and more. I was glad to get home with the beer soap from Jon's honeymoon; I didn't take any of Mom's fruit jam with me!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home