Sunday, May 24, 2009

Harmony's bridal shower, Guu at Aberdeen, and Leisure

Jon and Steph picked me up for church this morning, and we talked about a bunch of stuff. Discussed Sophia, Stella, Mike, Amanda, pregnancy / fat, Gabriel being pleased to meet us lat night, and other things. (the funny thing is that we DID see Sophia driving to church - we take the nostalgic route, man!) Last night was good times, for sure. Grandma didn't think they'd get full on pizza for breakfast, but they did - it was good stuff! She ate two pieces, which surprised me. We saw a sign at Knight / 33rd which had gas for 706.9 - oh my! Unfortunately, there was someone behind us, which prevented our taking a picture... darn! Got to church and talked / sat with Jen and Sheena. It's too bad I have to avoid another person now, but it's gotta be done. Criticized the bad grammar in the bulletin and inserts, and sympathized with Christon when his Powerpoint cut off a bunch of text at the start of lines in the worship songs. Talked to Grace, while thinking how nice it would be to really slap someone around - but not really, heh heh. Told Jeremy about the other dinner I had tonight - no Sunday Dinner for me!

Tracy was back, so I talked to her for a few minutes: moving into Alan's place is convenient since they won't have to look for a place to live! Said hi to the teens in the courtyard, and told Hien that she was crazy - at first, I didn't know why I was telling her that, haha! Then I remembered... it is NOT my fault that she thought a ShamWow was used as a tampon, even if Olivia did give her a weird look, and those conversations on the redrum picture made her think of it for some reason! I joked that I'd change the picture again just for her... ha ha ha, she was NOT impressed. Tried some dark chocolate Quadratini - pretty good stuff! Said hi to little Hannah and Olivia, while talking to John about the wedding. Greeted Anita, Jeff, and baby Allison on my way up, then said hi to Chung / Karen / baby Mattias. The baby had cool hair, and wanted to grab colorful things - don't do that to my glasses, dude!

Toddler Sunday School was good - the twins are cute, and seem to recognize me. Their mom's name rhymes with Belinda, so I should remember that! I should buy some kid-appropriate cookies later on... or at least, the non-sandwich kind. Not sure if those would be just as messy as the sandwich kind, though - meh, whatever. Talked to Julie and Priscilla (who got a notebook each), Hannah (mood rings!), Nathan (skating shoes), Natalie (moths outside), and Vania / Sarah / Cordia. Said hi to Ian and Sean - Sean said "See you on Saturday!" so he is smarter! Went to the old Green Village again with Alan and Polly - Steph thinks they're obsessed with that place, especially since they just went there yesterday. Talked to Vania, who ate with us along with her parents. One of her friends isn't impressed that I have more Facebook quizzes than he has; he says: "I want to be the king of quizzes! Where does she FIND them?!" when Vania reads her news feed out to him, haha.

After some downtime at home (discussing cheques, meetings, money, and more), we went to Harmony's bridal shower. There were the usual lingerie gifts, and some embarrassing questions - Steph didn't want to know if Mom thought a certain gift was a sex book, haha. Then again, I still remember how Melia's AUNTS gave her the raciest gifts at hers last year! One of the girls (Anita?) really looked like Maxine! There was the "toilet paper wedding dress" game, which I remembered from Michelle's bridal shower, and the "banned words" game - I remembered that from Lauren's baby shower. It was a good time - Steph and I went for dinner at Guu at Aberdeen with Harmony, Holly, Brittney, their cousin Jasmine, and friend Karine. Had shaved ice at Leisure later on. Talked about exams, good rice, beef sashimi, pork belly, Peter, massage, Myles, TERMINATOR, sibling similarity, bad grammar, tickets, work, teaching, flights, weddings, planning, parking debacles, shaved ice with condensed milk (strawberry / blueberry / mango), and more. Good times, indeed!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home