Saturday, May 23, 2009

I've finally found my keys, obscured by shirts!

Kempy added me to Facebook again - okay, I can deal with that!

I HAVE FOUND MY KEYS! They were on the chair behind me, obscured by shirts and jackets. {I was inspired by what Korey told me last year about my bus pass - I asked him to look for it once while I was gone. When I got back, he said that it was under a pile of clothes.) PHEW! I know Eric hoped I'd find the keys, so that's good.

Corey's take on this:

[19:02:09] Flami: learning about martyrs: where are my keys?
[19:03:59] Corey: on your key ring
[19:24:04] Flami: yes, but where is that?
[19:24:25] Flami: did someone come in, steal my keys, and leave?
[19:29:57] Flami: if only I could remember where I put my keys on Monday after doing the laundry
[19:33:15] Corey: in the washing machine?
[19:37:18] Flami: I already looked - none
[19:40:16] Corey: sounds like you need those keyrings that beep when you clap or whatever it is :P
[19:40:33] Corey: you didn't leave them in whatever door needed to be unlocked? (not sure if there is one other than yours)
[19:54:04] Flami: I don't think so... and it might be that I need the other things you were talking about
[20:20:29] Corey: well, keep looking... you don't want to lose your keys.... maybe you just put them down in a weird spot when you came back
[20:35:44] Flami: I have spare ones, but I don't want to use those if possible... maybe I did, but where would it be... hmmm...
[21:52:46] Corey: any luck?
[22:42:38] Flami: no idea where it is
[23:21:18] Flami: I wish I could hypnotize myself so I can figure out what I did with them!
[23:22:08] Corey: are they in your pocket or your hand? :P
[23:22:36] Corey: whenever I can't find something and I've looked all over, it's usually in some completely stupidly obvious place
[23:56:41] Flami: no, and no
[23:57:12] Flami: I'd have been out and home again at this point if they were... at least, I hope so
[00:55:06] Flami: this is not helping
[01:00:01] Corey: well... you better retrace your steps as much as you can... maybe go to the office there and see if anyone turned anything in
[01:05:11] Flami: at this time?! maybe tomorrow... then again, it is the weekend...
[01:07:07] Corey: well, you don't want someone else to find them and go snoop around your apartment or something :P
[01:10:31] Flami: that's for sure... I wish I knew a hypnotherapist
[01:11:27] Corey: how about a hypochondriac?
[01:22:59] Flami: I don't see how that would help
[01:24:02] Corey: it sounds similar, so it'll work
[01:24:59] Flami: are you sure?
[01:25:07] Corey: of course
[01:25:31] Corey: have you tried looking in your crayon box that your mom took away for a week when she caught you drawing things on the wall?
[01:25:48] Corey: that's where Ernie turned out to be when I couldn't find him
[01:27:57] Flami: I don't have a crayon box around here, so that won't work
[01:28:17] Corey: go buy one
[01:28:20] Corey: then look in it
[01:28:56] Flami: since when is that going to work?
[01:32:28] Corey: I'm telling you, Ernie was in the crayon box
[01:32:31] Corey: we looked EVERYWHERE
[01:33:03] Flami: and I believe you... but I really don't think looking in a brand-new crayon box from the store will produce my keys
[01:40:06] Corey: well, that's where I'd look :P
[01:50:00] Flami: well, it's not there.
[01:50:31] Corey: well, is it in your mailbox?
[01:58:13] Flami: I don't have a mailbox
[01:59:01] Corey: did you flush them down the toilet?
[01:59:58] Flami: now, why would I do that?
[02:01:58] Corey: well maybe you took them in there or something :P
[02:14:00] Flami: I highly doubt I did a thing like that...
[02:14:34] Flami: last year, I misplaced my bus pass or something... I asked K to look for it while I was gone - he found it under a pile of books or clothes
[02:14:52] Corey: well, if you haven't looked there, it wouldn't hurt :P
[02:16:56] Flami: that's true... I'll look now
[02:19:40] Corey: did you look through all your laundry? maybe it fell in with the clothes or something
[02:38:01] Flami: I've folded the laundry, so it can't be it
[02:38:28] Flami: I JUST FOUND THEM
[02:38:52] Flami: they were on the chair behind me, hidden by shirts
[02:45:04] Corey: well, that's good :) so not too far off from your hand or your pocket :P
[02:50:32] Flami: no, not too far then :) I could have used my spare set of keys to go out earlier, but I was too frantic :P
[02:55:18] Corey: FRANTIC TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
[02:55:30] Corey: MY LIFESTYLE!!! DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE!!!
[02:55:35] Corey: FRANTIC TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
[02:55:42] Corey: what a terrible song.........
[02:56:03] Flami: doesn't sound too great, no :P
[02:56:33] Corey: it's from Metallica's St. Anger album.. the second newest. the entire album is just awful
[02:57:01] Corey: like, people literally returned it because they were sure something was wrong with it
[02:57:50] Corey: the songs are garbage, and they decided to get rid of solos, which Metallica always has... while they were saying this was a return to their roots or something...
[02:58:35] Corey: and Lars plays these drums that sound like he's banging on garbage cans or something.... then they did something in the studio during the mixing or whatever that just makes it sound like your speakers are messed up...
[02:59:32] Corey: so it's these droning songs, while Hetfield screams stupid shit like what I typed before, and Lars is endlessly banging on pots and pans, and your speakers sound broken........ it has to be one of the worst albums by a huge popular band ever made
[03:00:14] Corey: they put Frantic in Guitar Hero Metallica... thankfully that's the only St. Anger song they used, but it's too much :P
[03:01:20] Flami: well, it sounds bad if people literally returned it to stores for that reason
[03:01:21] Corey: they ruined their newest CD, too... they got their act together as far as the music goes.... not as good as their old stuff, but pretty decent, then they compressed the fuck out of it and boosted the volume all the way up, so the sound is all distorted and shitty... it's almost unlistenable.
[03:02:33] Corey: they released that album on Guitar Hero as a downloadable thing, and that meant Neversoft had a copy of the masters before it was compressed to hell... the Guitar Hero version sounds a million times better
[03:03:14] Corey: also in Guitar Hero Metallica, Frantic doesn't sound like the speakers are broken and the drums don't sound as awful.... the song still sucks, but they made it sound so much better
[03:03:35] Corey: and those two albums were produced by two different people, but they're two of the biggest in the whole industry...
[03:03:54] Corey: so these days, the very best literally destroy the sound quality on CDs....
[03:05:19] Corey: look at that... the top two blue things are the waveforms of a song on the CD, the bottom two are the same song in Guitar Hero
[03:06:12] Corey: the top two are maxed out for almost the entire song... which means it's playing at the end of the range, and anything higher than that is simply deleted since there's no room, it's at the end of the space available to store the sound
[03:06:28] Corey: in Guitar Hero... instead of being a solid wall, it like, goes up and down and has range and doesn't sound like total shit :P
[03:07:07] Corey: so, these days some video game company is by far superior to the best studio people in the business :P pretty sad
[03:09:07] Corey: when that CD came out, several of the studio guys that worked on it made statements online to basically say "sorry about the awful quality, but it was like that before it got to me so I couldn't fix it!"
[03:10:20] Corey: but anyway, Frantic. bad song :P
[03:14:09] Flami: I'm looking at the waveform... that doesn't seem good, no
[03:15:59] Corey: Loudness War will explain it better than I can, but basically they keep making recordings louder and louder... the idea is so when it's on the radio, it stands out the most. but now everything is maxed out, and it just ruins the music
[03:17:01] Corey: having range in the music is good.... but they go beyond ruining that because you actually lose information whenever it hits the edge like that... so when the whole damn thing is maxed out on the edge for the entire song, it sounds BAD....
[03:23:07] Corey: that's better... it's a two-minute video and shows you how it works :P
[03:24:36] Corey: except new CDs are way, way, way worse than the example given there :P
[03:27:35] Corey: and there's one that shows the difference on those Metallica songs... the Guitar Hero ones are quieter, but turn it up and it won't be all scratchy-sounding and you can hear the drums :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home