Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mars Bars aren't sold in the States?! / Don't eat poop!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Here's another 404 error message from LJ: I'm sorry, you've reached a page that I cannot find. I'm really sorry about this. It's kind of embarrassing. Here you are, the user, trying to get to a page on LiveJournal and I can't even serve it to you. What does that say about me? I'm just a webserver. My sole purpose in life is to serve you webpages and I can't even do that! I suck. Please don't be mad, I'll try harder. I promise! Who am I kidding? You're probably all like, "Man, LiveJournal's webserver sucks. It can't even get me where I want to go." I'm really sorry. Maybe it's my CPU... no, that's okay... how about my hard drives? Maybe. Where's my admin? I can't run self-diagnostics on myself. It's so boring in this datacenter. It's the same thing everyday. Oh man, I'm so lonely. I'm really sorry about rambling about myself, I'm selfish. I think I'm going to go cut my ethernet cables. I hope you get to the page you're looking for... goodbye, cruel world!

- the webserver



High-scoring words of the night so far:

WASHTUB (144 points) - against Polly T. [2W, 3W]
BIZONES (102 points) - against Jason F. [3W, 2W]
BOLTROPE (330 points) - against Emily S.-L. [5W, two 2W]
RHINO (135 points) - against Linda B. [5W, 4L on H]
QATS (128 points) - against June M. [3W, 3L on Q, hook off FOE for a plural]


I've learned that Mars Bars aren't sold in the States: I haven't had one in forever! Now I want to go buy some, especially for Corey since he hasn't had one yet. Should also buy Bridge Mixture for someone else, so he can at least see them. Corey says, "I don't like the peanut ones much, and the raisins aren't a lot better, but everything else is good stuff. Plus, not really knowing what everything is is kind of cool." Not sure what's sold there that isn't here, although of course there must be some things! Fielded inquiries about Dylan, Deb, names, and other things - yay! Maybe I'll get some whole-wheat pasta from the bulk area since it could be cheaper... we'll see.

Poo nugget for Tuesday, Mar. 17: Don't Eat Poop - Typhoid, cholera, and amoebic dysentery are among the diseases spread by the contamination of food with the feces of infected persons. Transmission typically occurs when food handlers fail to wash their hands after doing the deed.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home