Sunday, March 15, 2009

There be DRAGONS in the Bible?!

When I got to church this morning, I sat next to Chrystal: she's doing okay, which is good. She didn't go skating, but hung out with her family in Richmond, of all places! They went to Richmond Centre after lunch, which is something they rarely do. (also discussed Crankpots, Andrea, and Sheena) Greeted Eric, Sabrina, and others; the Scripture reader had some kind of translation that rendered "jackals" into "dragons." I'd ask him about it, but I really don't know what his reaction would be. After the sermon which touched on divorce (Christian couples go through it as well), I talked to Tony / Lawrence / Adam / Andrew T. / Andrew L. about family resemblances. Tony was saying that Lawrence and Andrew T. looked alike, so I asked what he expected since they were brothers. It's true that Tony and his brother Sonny (who I waved to on Friday night) look nothing alike, but still. Of course Andrew L. and Adam look alike since they're twins, haha.

Waved to Raymond, who was coming back from the bathroom: I asked how the skating was. He said there were fewer people than last year, and that he had played a game of hockey there, using half the rink. After discussing that for a while, we went into the fellowship hall, where Maxine prompted her son Joshua to say hi to me. Stanley mock-complained about the snack food getting healthy now, and Jonathan "requisitioned" the chips and dip for Sunday School later. I asked Emily how long it had taken her to get the food on Friday since I'd heard she had some trouble deciding what to buy: not too long once she'd had some ideas; good! Talked to Andrea for a bit about hanging out: I do have Awana on Saturdays, but maybe lunch beforehand would be a good idea if she has a dentist appointment! She says she'll call me, so we'll see.

Later, I got caught up in a discussion about iPhones and such. Dylan was trying to get Acer to do something, but I wasn't sure what. Raymond heard me ask them what they were wanting to (not) do, and clarified that Dylan wanted Acer to fast / abstain from playing video games! Acer said that he wouldn't do it, and brought up iPhones for some reason, maybe because Dylan has one. I told them about the iPhone-obsessed guy that Steph and Vivian S. saw at bubble tea once, and we talked about that and Blackberry stuff for a bit. Raymond then wondered in an aside whether he should go to the gym today since the skating counted as some exercise yesterday... I have no opinion on that or his other choice of spiritual reading.

Left them to go outside and say hi to Jeff, Anita, and baby Allison. Allison had a bulletin and a four-colored clicky pen; Anita was telling Julie / Jessica / Isabel / Mike that Allison will use her palm to click the normal clicky pens repetitively. She actually walked fifteen steps yesterday; YAY! While Anita was changing her diaper yesterday, the baby got an "uh-oh" look on her face when she drew on herself using a pen! We thought that was funny! Daniel took "funny face" pictures of Allison and sent them to Jeff - that is quite the collection!

Went to Sunday School, where there was only one kid - she likes Lego and Duplo. Auntie Tracy spent most of the time talking to Auntie Bessy, while I discovered the advent of redrum. Amanda asked me where Auntie Fonda was: I didn't know! I looked out the window and also discovered SNOW coming down hard. Hastily, I revised my plans for dinner because of both the discoveries I'd made within ten minutes of each other: good thing Eric was still in the fellowship hall later! Got reimbursed, and confirmed that he could give me a ride home after discussing my siblings' whereabouts.

I was loath to go into the sanctuary later on since they were having a meeting, but I found my mom and told her that I was going home with Eric. She was surprised when I told her that it was snowing! Had a random ride home, which was fine with me! He wanted to be like Kenny from SOUTH PARK, haha. Got home and put the stamps on the envelopes (which I might now give to Viv), then had lunch. Now I'm going to eat Arthur's chocolate, and search out the Hershey's Kisses that I bought a while ago. Hope I didn't give them to Corey... I hear there's something called Hershey's Bliss candy which is AWESOME, so maybe I'll have to look for those too when it stops snowing!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home