Saturday, March 14, 2009

Busy techs say "AYE!" to the tan hero

UGH, THIS THING RESTARTED AGAIN!

High-scoring words of the day so far:

TECH (303 points) - against Mary Jane L. [two 5W]
YIPPIES (198 points) - against Jeannie H. [two 3W]
RESAW (205 points) - against Nikki S. [two 5W]
SAWFLY (368 points; two 4W), BANGERS (130 points; 3W, 2W) - against Kathy H.
BUSY (414 points) - against Josephine S. [5W, 4W, 2W, hook off CAD to make SCAD]
AYES (200 points) - against Barb G. [two 5W] (a good deficit-erasing word!)
HERO (120 points) - against Jennifer G. [3W, 5W]

Interesting rack of the day so far: ATANROSE (against Hitomi S. - read that as "a tan rose")


Edit: Here's how a breakup letter to Stephen would have looked back in 2005, courtesy of the site I linked in my last post...

Dear Stephen,

I'm writing you this email because I think our relationship has run its course. I know you'll probably tell everyone that you dumped me, because you're a liar. But everyone knows that already, so they won't believe you. You know, a little respect can go a long way. But the amount of respect you give me is only enough for ME to go a long way. A long way away from you, douchebag. Frankly, you just don't care enough about me. Luckily I care enough about me to make up for it, by saying goodbye to you. It's not easy to carry on a successful relationship with someone like you. And by that, I mean someone who is downright stupid, you feebleminded dimwit. The wise Righteous Brothers wrote a song called You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling. You might want to listen to it a few times, because I've lost that loving feeling.

Why do you spend so little money on me? Buying me a happy meal at McDonald's does not count as taking me out to dinner. If you ever get engaged, just remember that an onion ring is not a valid replacement for a wedding ring. You're like cling wrap around me, but what you need to realize is that I am not a vegetable and your clinginess is unbearable. Another problem is that you're irresponsible, and I just don't want to put up with the consequences of your decisions anymore. What really breaks the deal is your horrible grammar. Srsly d00d, learn 2 rite a sentance!

Sorry, but you're not even worth keeping as a friend. It's not you, it's me. Really. It may be a typical line, but it's true: we just aren't meant for each other. I'm not sure whether we can see each other again in the future but, for now at least, I definitely need my own space. I think you get the idea: this relationship is over.

Wish it could have worked out,
Leslie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home