Saturday, February 21, 2009

"YAY! IT'S YELLOW! SLOW DOWN!"

Henry picked me up, and we spent a bit of time discussing what we'd done last night: he'd studied for midterms, a chapter test, and papers! When we got to church, Tim held the elevator for us, saying that his son Joshua had just woken up from a nap. Margaret told us that they were doing the flag ceremony already: man, it was WARM in the fellowship hall! The kids were supposed to bring friends for a pizza party happening later, and they had! It was certainly hectic, but it was manageable. Talked to Chrystal about her new work hours - those are good because she can now schedule appointments and run errands before everything closes! Jordan wanted us to order pickles with the pizza: uh, no thanks! Saw Quan and Sonya there, and talked a bit to Auntie Rebecca: she seems to think I'll have no trouble finding a ride home tomorrow after the child protection seminar, which is in the fellowship hall - good!

Sean rushed into the room after the Sparks handbook time, declaring it to be GAME TIME! Man, he was excited! The kids were very excited for the pizza party, of course. Danny asked me how many consecutive weeks they'd played a variant of Shipwreck: at least three, by my memory! I talked to Sean for a bit, and he seemed to respond okay. David's son Ian came up to me (prompted by his grandma), and gave me a paper bag containing a homemade Chinese dessert. Of course, I said hi to him and thanked him for it! People saw Angus with two trays of sushi, and took them from him for a dinner. Saw Chris comforting Heyman and Johnny - apparently, they were cold and didn't want to take the bus home, so the problem was solved by Auntie Rebecca. Talked to various kids about the Awana toys, too.

On the way home, Ian told me and his mom Ada that he didn't know what fried chicken was: now I want some! Ada was going to pick some up - but then had to get gas at the LUCKY price of 88.8 cents a litre! (Ian thought it was cold) Seeing the kids' pizza made me hungry enough to pick out random pineapple pieces from a box, haha. Maybe I'll do that next week when I scout out rice cookers, but not tonight. Sean just said "Yay! It's yellow! Slow down! Now it's red! You are so slow! 6:17! 21!" a lot, haha. He's cute! Everyone else is doing delivery, but I won't since I have plenty of food and wish to save money. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home