Friday, February 20, 2009

Rice blends are very frugal... and lots of juice is good!

I was kinda frugal and kinda not while shopping today, but I did save $23.92. Noticed some Uncle Ben's rice: I've been looking for ways to get some grains into my diet besides pasta and bread, so this was good. (Bistro Express: long grain / wild rice, whole grain brown rice, and a veggie medley - roasted chicken flavor works!) Also got a three-pound container of gluten-free Nuworld Wholesome Wild Rice Blend, which I never noticed before: it has medium grain brown rice, black sweet rice, red rice, and wild rice. Apparently, one cup of uncooked rice yields three cups of cooked rice, and I could do this on the stovetop if I wanted: very good! (although maybe it's time to go to the Asian places and get a rice cooker, haha)

Got some Hershey's Kisses since they were on sale, and I could save $2. Was going to get a Lawler's box of 63 individual servings of New York / raspberry / turtle cheesecakes as a treat to myself for saving more money this past month, some Nesquick cereal, and a 4L jug of milk to go with it, but decided I didn't really need those items. Instead, I got the individual cheesecake slices / FibreOne cereal (on sale) / a 2L jug of milk. Got some apple-lime SunRype juice, on-sale 2L cola (88ยข), on-sale toothpaste (stock up!), on-sale crayons, 4L wildberry juice (on sale), 4L apple juice (on sale), spaghetti sauce (on sale), 2L of Silk chocolate soy milk, two Salisbury Steak Swanson's microwaveable meals (on sale), one lasagna Alfredo microwaveable meal (on sale), grapes, on-sale kitchen towels, Chunky Soup (on sale), raspberry-cranberry yogurt (on sale), roast beef, 2.8L Sunny Delight Tangy Original, and bananas.

Remembered the Bridge Mixture (on sale) for both Corey and myself, but decided I didn't need four of them, haha. Two will be quite sufficient, especially since I'm giving one away. Noticed some bacon-ranch Pringles chips, but of course I don't need those since I just bought some earlier in the week! Saw that the Happy Planet juices were on sale (saving $2), so I bought Pomegranate-Blueberry Bash and Strawberry-Banana Smile. Sampled some new V-8 Fusion flavors, so bought those as well: hey, it was on sale AND there were coupons for the Acai Mixed Berry and the Peach Mango! Apparently, they also had soup or something: interesting stuff! Now I see evidence of mice in my cupboards again, so I don't know why I bought 5 pounds of yellow potatoes... oh well. I got two weird phone calls when I was out: 1-234-567-8900 from Ohio struck again, as did 1-204-975-3301 from Manitoba. Yikes!

Here are the current crayons in the Crayola 24-pack, translated into English / French / Spanish: green-yellow, yellow-green, apricot, blue-green, dandelion, violet, blue, yellow-orange, cerulean, gray, red-violet, violet-red, blue-violet, red, green, carnation pink, red-orange, yellow, black, brown, scarlet, orange, and indigo. Not sure what the difference is between some of the colors listed, but it's okay. As long as the kids enjoy the felts and crayons (and Auntie Fonda keeps the box), it'll be ALL GOOD!


Edit: On the advice of various people at the Craigslist forums, I've put the bag of potatoes in the fridge for now. They apparently don't freeze well, although I was just going to put them in a covered pot and just put a heavy book on the lid to deter mice. I hope I get out of here soon...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home