Thursday, February 19, 2009

FIRE OIL and RED POO

Bingo of the night so far:

EXORCISM (94 points) - against Thomas D.

High-scoring words of the night so far:

HOMAGED (108 points) - against Diana W. [3W, 2W]
OUTSPARKLED (240 points) - against Ken C. [3W, 4W] (a good deficit-erasing word!)
OWLETS (1100 points) - against Nicole B. [4W, two 5W]
GLOSSA (316 points) - against Natalie L. [4W, 5W, 4L on G]
SHEAVED (775 points) - against Whitney M. [two 5W, 4L on H]
DOZY (100 points; 5W), SQUAB (140 points; 4W, 5W) - against Brenda L.
ESSAYED (149 points) - against Wayne N. [3W, 2W, hook off VISOR for a plural]
MACRONS (192 points) - against Angela V. [two 4W]
DYSTONIA (120 points) - against Theresa B. [5W]
FEMUR (108 points) - against Shelley R.-B. [two 3W]
HEATING (775 points) - against Thomas D. [two 5W, 3L on H]
FIRES (144 points) - against Ruby M. [two 4W]
CURTER (126 points) - against Marina R. [two 3W, hook off WIRE to make WIRER]
ROBUSTA (115 points) - against Charmaine S. [5W] (a good deficit-erasing word!)
VOTARY (720 points; two 2W, two 3W), GHAZI (164 points; 4W, 3L on H) - against Wayne S.
BACHES (320 points) - against Casey W. [two 4W]
MISO (120 points) - against Anne-Marie S. [two 4W]

New record: 28 high-scoring words in 24 hours!


Talked to Vanessa H. about things - she works near my place, which I didn't know! Also reconnected with Chinese Eric, whose body is adjusting to the temperatures in Hong Kong: good, if he's going to be there another year! Corey asked if I'd fired anything up yet: nope! "Well, fire oil is good for you, so get to it. I always laughed at the name when I saw that in the store before, but then Jane went and bought one while she was here, and it's not so bad. :P I figured with a name like Fire Oil, it would be incredibly hot, but it's pretty reasonable. That same company has a bunch of other stuff in the little Asian section of the grocery store, but I haven't tried the other ones. I don't think I'll use up my bottle of fire oil for another year or two, so it might be a while before I get to try anything else." I still have some Western Family hot sauce from my mom, so it may be a while before I get to the FIRE OIL!

Now we're just debating padded envelopes vs. boxes, haha. "Stores have boxes they don't need. I had a girl go allllll the way across a Super Wal-Mart and back to get a box for me that I could ship a Guitar Hero game in. She kept asking if she could help with something, so I put her to work. :P She was cheerful and seemed happy to help the whole time, so either she was on drugs, was a robot, or needs to work somewhere better than Wal-Mart, because it's usually staffed by zombies. Try "I command you to find a box for me with THESE EXACT DIMENSIONS!" If they don't do it, just start smashing everything in the store to show them who's boss. Maybe the police station has boxes! :D" Coincidentally, Karla played BOX against me - I had the letters for a plural, so did that. QUIRKY!

I managed to rip a fingernail while opening something: GOOD JOB, HAMSTERETTE.

Poo nugget for Thursday, Feb. 19: Dr. Stool Says - Red Poo - Red poo can be a sign of something as dangerous as blood in your lower digestive tract, or a result of something as innocuous as a heavy helping of beets. Any sighting of red poo should be followed by a quick visit to the physician. Doctors may recommend a colonoscopy, a procedure which allows physicians to view the inside of the colon.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home