Thursday, June 05, 2008

Gumtrees and funerals

Bingo of the night so far:

GUMTREES (83 points) - against Laurie P.


The funeral went as you'd expect those things to go... I briefly said hi to both Jason and Derek, and spotted Mabel's husband Ted. Man, he's changed in the few years since he taught Mandarin to me and my sister! The lunch at Top Cantonese Cuisine was good, and Grandma even got some noodles and things at Great Two Supermarket (Kingsway / 52nd?) beforehand. She got me XO Sauce Lobster noodles, and Oyster Sauce Abalone noodles - both by Nissin, heh. Went back to church with Pastor Edward, and Pastor John wondered what I was doing there when he saw me later. I'll ask him about the Cup win tomorrow, hahaha. (or later today, whatever) Got home with multigrain / flax tortilla chips, licorice, lasagna, noodles, and more. Found a rat in the bathroom - explains the skittering I heard a couple days ago! Had to catch it with the bucket and then flush it down the toilet - EWWWWW!

Grandma's gaffe of the day came in the middle of the funeral service, and some relative's tribute to his grandfather. She wanted to know whether I wanted to eat the cookies that Mom packed us... as I told my sister (who suspects Jon was at Dix with Jeremy) later: "Even if I wanted to, I just WOULDN'T!" Yikes! She also told three separate people that her son was surprised that she'd stay here when she didn't know English. Old people, repeating themselves...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home