Sunday, March 16, 2008

I can definitely get sentimental over a lollipop! :P

On the way to church this morning, Dad asked me to tell Dylan that he'd found his Bible in the education wing next door - sure thing! He knew better than to ask Steph, haha - Mom brought up the time where he'd had Jon's guitar for a month or more, and didn't know where it was! (oblivious Dylan to the forefront!) When I did tell him right before Sunday School, his reaction was: "Someone finally found it?! I looked for it when I lost it like a year ago! Does LEFT mean when you come in? Oh, I'll find it - thanks! I get to have my manly brown Bible back since people tease me about the white Bible that I have now since it's girly!" Hahaha.... oh, Dylan! Got to church, found my blue notebook in the library, and sat by Martin - we discussed being in Port Coquitlam, the nice day yesterday, Good Friday / Easter traditions at Pacific Grace, Sunrise Service (which he'd like to try), being creatures of habit (we all sit in pretty much the same places every week!), and other things. Gave Maxine her birthday card when she came by with Joshua, and said hi to Keenan later - they're so cute! (thought of Mike, Amanda, Tim, and Maxine when Pastor John brought up South Africa's apartheid system / violence later on during the sermon)

Hannah said that Auntie Bessy had treated ten people to Slurpees yesterday - that sounds good! Noted an "its" / "it's" error in my sister's Powerpoint, heh. Had a cringe-worthy moment during a worship song where Nathan (so he said later) forgot to account for the key change from the higher registers in the other hymns to the low one for IN CHRIST ALONE - ouch! Steph said that she and Quan were laughing, I could see Jeremy cringe at the drum set, and everyone had to start over again after wincing! When I asked Nate about it later, I told him that he had to slowly go down in key changes in future worship sets to aid the transition! He laughed and agreed.

Went to the back parking lot where Alice had JUST taken the last parking space, talking to Johnny about bike rides and the wet first part of the ramp. Saw Eric T.'s mom with a walker, so we all cleared the way for her! Waved to Danielle's cousin Kevin, said hi to Dawn, discussed electric drills / bookshelves / promises with Calla, told J-Mak that things weren't as they seemed, talked to Raymond about Facebook Scrabble (I've invited him to the application, and tagged Kevin C. in the REJECTED "bleeding anus" photo), and discussed this news story about a woman's skin growing around a toilet seat with him and Jeremy. Reading the story made him think of me, haha - thanks, Jer. :P (the conditions must have been deplorable - who knows if they had more than one bathroom so the boyfriend could do stuff?!)

Also talked about borscht, 50-gallon pots, Lesley, and Good Friday dinner with the guys before Ivan came up and laid a hand on my shoulder. (I'd complimented him on his tie and such earlier) He said that he'd gotten a letter back from the Prime Minister's Executive Office, but it was really Sam's letter. I said I'd received one as well, and Raymond said that his reply seemed like a template - too true! Since Ivan and Sam had stuffed theirs in the same envelope on Darfur documentary night (Christon had asked Jon if we needed any extras, then left), the reply had been addressed to Sam. It started out "Dear Mr. Y. and Mr. W." so we made jokes about how the government now thought they were gay political activists - "we should be careful, since they now know where I live!" Hahaha, definitely!

When I got to Sunday School, I learned that Auntie Fonda wasn't around since she had to work - quiet Eric was there, and was very good unlike the other three kids! Afterwards, I saw Julie playing some Mario game on her Nintendo DS - I talked to Hannah S., her sister Amanda (I returned the toy bandages box to her - she also hugged Hilary), Stanley, Quan, Auntie Ping, Cindy, Chrystal, and others. I saw David sucking on a lollipop, which reminded me that I had one in my backpack. Mmm, grape-flavored lollies with bubble gum inside... (I showed it to Amanda, who thought that I was offering it to her - nope, not after I've licked it!) Cindy wondered where everyone got their lollipops, so I told her that Korey had given mine to me; I don't know about Hien and David!

She said that it was nice, and Steph added that it was thoughtful - yup, I agree! Later, Steph thought that I was being sentimental about it... well, I *do* have that side to me! Had Pho for lunch, and discussed Rachel's Peru trip / Vivian's practicum / the thrift shop / chicken / eggs / books / Martin / Mom's vantage point of the balcony / Grandma's confusion / Korey / Sunrise Service (for sure I'll sleep over if I go!) / Melia, sleepovers, and colds / being tired / working out / cinnamon gum / inadvertently favoring the baby of the family / interpretations of Bible stories / listening to your mother-in-law. Mom got me longan (dragon's eye!), a bo-lo bao (pineapple bun :P), and a big orange (not to be confused with the bubble tea place at Richmond Centre) ... and I got an egg, celery, and a chicken thing from Grandma. Interesting stuff, indeed!


Edit: Why am I not surprised that Good Friday service is a Facebook event?! Margaret just invited me to that, hahaha. (if Enoch Fellowship coffeehouses can be Facebook events, this can be one too! :P)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home