Friday, March 14, 2008

Yes, ROXANNE *is* about a lady of the evening!

Happy Pi Day!

Eric picked me up and definitely activated the Parisienne fart lever - ah, running jokes! We discussed "blue liquid," maxipad / vasectomy commercials, hockey, our past weeks, and various other things on the way to church. Thank goodness everyone was still in one big group in the basement so I could take attendance - I joked to Steph and Kevin later that I'd have to use my Committee power to intrude on the Bible Study groups otherwise! ("Don't you KNOW who I am?! I'm on the Committee, and I'm more important than you all... okay, not really." "You guys should have a badge - you take attendance every week!") I had a piece of birthday cake before my dinner, which Eric commented on - hey, Steph gave me an apple crisp granola bar, and some of her raw spinach plus some Thousand Island dressing she found in the fridge! (Jeremy: "You don't make friends with SALAD!") Apologized to Dylan since we'd run late: he'd figured it out. We got there at 8:15, and Steph thought we'd been in heavy traffic OR an accident! She also thought that I'd been in Chilliwack and had returned this afternoon: nope, my plans changed! Jen said that she liked my blue sweater which was kinda violet - too cool. Also gave Ivan his late birthday card - I should give Maxine hers on Sunday, for sure.

During Bible Study, we discussed sarcasm / marriage / folly (I laughed on my way to the kitchen to wash my used dishes when Jeremy brought up Elliot Spitzer and SCANDAL!) / dogs returning to vomit / learning / cows and four stomachs / rumination / regurgitation / Asians holding things in without necessarily holding grudges later on / wisdom / discipline / reconciliation / Bible verses / drugs and naivety ("Do you need anything?" "No, we're fine." "People in this neighborhood [downtown Vancouver] are SO NICE!" "Um...") / feather dusters / seeing riveted belts as a reminder of pain. Kids do need discipline, but you shouldn't yell at the kids because that'll only teach them to yell. (same with hitting them in anger or out of the wrong motives - "I don't want to do this..." is good, but "I'M SO ANGRY! *WHACK* " isn't!) Dylan said that he was 31, and didn't know if he'd ever find someone, so Jeremy said that the pool of younger girls increased with every year - Johnny added in something about the "half your age and seven" rule, haha. I couldn't help but notice Johnny's Blistex tub, which reminded me of K since he has the same thing! (I tried some of his last week - it certainly IS medicated, and easy to share if you want! Heh, I remember asking K whether he was sure that he wanted me to have some - he was, since it worked better than my natural beeswax stuff!) We also picked on Dylan for using a double negative / vernacular, haha.

Afterwards, Jeremy grinned as he took out his bike's red light and broke into song. I laughed and knew that he was singing the Police's ROXANNE. Johnny only knew the "you don't have to put on the red light" part, and asked us what it was about. Jer said it was about a call girl or something worse, while I added that a man had fallen in love with her. Yup, that's why he doesn't want her to pursue her dubious profession anymore! Raymond brought up AC/DC's HIGHWAY TO HELL - to him, the lead singer sounds like he has laryngitis! (I told him that he should listen to some of the music I know - those singers put that guy to SHAME! SO SCRATCHY!) We discussed karaoke, Guns & Roses' WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, 80s rock, and more also. Dylan brought up another word of wisdom: "Don't call down to the States if your cell phone plan is ridiculous - it costs me a buck or $1.50 a minute for roaming charges!" Talked about payments, cheques, deposits, company payment plans, Scotchgard, wet coverage, dry coverage, financing, chipboard, upholstering, ridiculous fees, going bankrupt, paying off creditors, mortgages / loans, and more.

Saw Sheena and talked about school / work, then went to the kitchen where Eric T. found a Styrofoam cup for me while warning against the flu. He's been sick, but had to get up at 8 for school, recording stuff in the studio for six hours, and then go to Fellowship - he did catch a nap for an hour and a half, though! While I was talking to Karen about lunch plans, Steph alerted me that we were going - we had to return since Eric was blocked by Lucas. I took the opportunity to give Martin and Johnny their Fellowship birthday cards, then we left for good. Yup, I was definitely in a good crazy mood since I was really random in a way I hadn't been in weeks! Talked about fluctuating gas prices (113 to 119), the gas stations near Dragon Ball, Mom's extremely amusing mispronunciations ("penis" does NOT have a short E like "penne" / "pajamas" isn't pronounced like "pajImas" / "testicles" and "tentacles" aren't the same thing :P), Vivian S., education, Spring Break, Stateside shopping, and weird chip flavors. We also discussed #4 / Alderbridge, butt jokes, the past, wireless farts, worship practice, Eric H. doing well in Hong Kong / his nicknames for "the crew back home," Korey, Sunrise Service in a week, iron, steak, and more. Good times, and I'm almost positive Eric activated the fart lever after I left the car!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home