Saturday, October 13, 2007

My beer money debt is FORGIVEN! Yay for good friends!

Just before I left, Corey told me that a turnip must have eaten my brain - thanks, dude. Exactly the dose of encouragement I needed, NOT. Eric bemoaned all the backed-up traffic while we listened to the hockey game: it was 3-1 for us, and then 4-2 because Raffi Torres scored on his own rebound, then Morrison did an end-to-end rush to score on the Edmonton netminder 20 seconds later! The radio volume was pretty loud at one point, which was explained as Eric turning the volume up really loud in order to hear ANYTHING at a reasonable noise level.

Talked to Jeremy about mooncake: he'd forgotten that he wouldn't be there last week when we talked last Monday, but it's all good. Later, he forgave my beer money debt, which is great! I could tell Chuck was kinda going to tease me about things, but we kept the discussion to mundane topics such as the week / weekend. Said hi to Sheena, Dawn, Jen, Dylan, Andrea, Calla, Grace, and Cindy. Poor Cindy has laryngitis, but came prepared with paper on a clipboard: one sheet even had a pre-written message of "Hello! How are you? I have laryngitis. I mustn't speak till Sunday since I need to rest my voice!" (Steph later said Cindy had written that she'd burned herself yesterday, and couldn't even let out a scream - maybe some of it is mental!) Talked about relationships, tact, vulnerability, forgiveness, impatience, and security during Bible Study as I doodled during the latter half - Andrea says she likes it when I read, but I'm not sure why, haha. Sometimes you can tell if a person's about to do something bad, but don't say anything since you assume they're competent enough to figure it out themselves - that creates a huge mess. Eric and Chuck tried speaking for Cindy, and we made Stephen Hawking jokes: "The text-to-voice technology is much better now, so maybe he just likes that personality - it's his signature voice!" Signed birthday cards for Jeremy, Raymond, Dawn, Vivian, and Grace behind their backs - hahaha.

Afterwards, I talked to Janette about Super Pokes on Facebook - man, I abuse that application like mad! Stanley tried getting us to leave, with limited success. Sam got 12 people to go to McDonalds with him, which led Jon to later try telling Mike K. / Margaret / Christon to go to Eric's for burgers on Sunday. Said hi / bye to Mike T., Cordia, Danielle, Isabel, Karen Lew, Vivian, Nathan, Randal, Joey, Sheena, Chalaine, and various other people. On the way home, we discussed that 25-game suspension: when even your coach says you deserve it, it's bad news for the Flyers! Stupid vicious cross-check on Ryan Kesler! Also talked about deductive reasoning, resolution, laptop battery use, buns, condiments, salad, and more. Interesting times, as usual - Stanley said he liked my dragon cap, and Chuck wondered what a fire dragon was: IT IS I! HAHAHAHA... :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home