Friday, October 12, 2007

Cat Bible, Linux Mahjongg, Facebook messages, Committee redux?

Two links today, courtesy of Corey and my friends list: Crazy Indian Video with English subtitles and Cat Bible. I know I don't normally link to those stupid cat macro things because they abuse grammar and such, but at least this one can make fun of them - it IS amusing, and reminds me of the Old Testament humor book that Nathan got me for my birthday last year!


Finally, I have found a Linux game I don't totally suck at! I have AisleRiot Solitaire, Blackjack, Chess, Five in a Row, Four-or-More, FreeCell Solitaire, Frozen Bubble, Gnometris, Iagno, Klotski, Mahjongg, Mines, Nibbles, Robots, Same GNOME, Sudoku, Tali, and Tetravex. With Corey's "encouragement," I was trying them out over the past few days - then I tried Mahjongg (tile matching with Mahjongg tiles :P), and figured I could live with it. Same GNOME, FreeCell, and Gnometris aren't TOO bad - but Mahjongg is where it's at for me! Once I get Windows again - if I do - I'll need to get the Mahjongg Windows game, even if it isn't timed / adds 30 seconds to your time for viewing hints / keeps a record of your scores / shuffles the remaining tiles (adding a minute to your time) when you can't find a match. Maybe there's one like that for Windows, haha. Difficult, Confounding Cross, Pyramid's Walls, Red Dragon, Tic-Tac-Toe, Cloud, Four Bridges, The Ziggurat, and Easy... here I come! Hahaha.

Interesting - David S.'s brother just sent me a message on Facebook. Apparently, he'd seen the conversation between me and David on that discussion board, and thought that not many people would be able to talk to him and be so understanding. Justin and Teresa also added me on there, and I've been talking to Sabrina about Awana Conferences and her two years with Chris. All good as another method of communication, haha. Dylan's also just sent some of us (me, Alan, Jeremy?) an email about continuing to pray about serving on Committee next year - I remember the time I had with Lily, Maxine, and Lesley way back in 2003-2004! I'd like to think I'm better equipped for serving now, but if I fall, people will be there to really encourage me! YAY!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home