Saturday, October 20, 2007

Better upgrades, dream of fighting with my mom, CLOCK hint list

At last, I think I'm pretty much all better now! Sure, I still have a slight bit of nasal congestion and a slight cough, but the hot showers / warm fluids / rest did me a lot of good. Heck, I even think I sound quasi-normal enough to talk to people on the phone - no more sounding like a sexy frog for me! It'll be up to the people I know best to make that determination for themselves - perhaps I'll test it out later! I can also tell I'm better because I have my biting humor back! ("You know what is cool?" "A crisp fall day with the leaves crunching underfoot as you walk!" Haha.) It was super that I let Henry know about my state of health a couple nights ago, haha - I didn't have any missed calls on my phone when I woke up, heh. I just hope I'm not building up a tolerance to certain things, since that would be BAD! Either that, or I'm turning into an insomniac! (aiya!)

Last night, I decided to upgrade Linux / Ubuntu from "Feisty Fawn 7.04" to "Gutsy Gibbon 7.10" on Corey's advice. In the end stages, the Firefox browser window decided to disappear on me twice. I decided to leave well enough alone, since I was checking My Yearbook: it has way too much shiny stuff on it! (voting classmates for "Most Active Bowels" (ew?), Battles, Bulletins, Messages, Pictures, Blinkies, etc.) By the time I restarted the computer, I fussed about with limited customization, then freaked out since GAIM was gone! Then I Googled my problem, and found that it was renamed to Pidgin Instant Messenger. Interesting name, but at least it wasn't GONE like I'd feared. Corey hadn't heard about the new name, so he wouldn't have been able to help me in any event. I told him that I wondered about certain things (good thing I'll always have a friend in certain people!), and he took things to a new humorous level - YAY! ("Chex mix... *salmon-slaps you*" "You'll still sit here and type to me even if your computer explodes, since it's been proven in that one computer journal from 2001. Look up the Fronzel-Equiblax theory, which I can make exist on Wikipedia as solid evidence... um, I mean, it DOES exist on there as solid evidence!" Hahaha, too amusing!) I've also just found out that when Korey types "hehe" to me in the Pidgin message window, I see a giant laughing head graphic followed by an E. Must be the Hylke Bons emoticons, haha.

When I finally did get to sleeping, I dreamt that I had to physically fight with my mother over a variety of things... arm-wrestling was included, as well as her stabbing me with the broken pieces of the shower wall! (which looked exactly like they do on my sink) Dylan managed to wrestle her away from me, and we joined a procession of people going up some stairs to watch a play from the balcony - some people were using a janitor's closet as a smoking room. I have no idea where that dream came from, to be honest!

Here is a list of amusing "hints" in the CLOCK solitaire card game. The game is easy, in that you just have to arrange the cards like the numbers on an analog clock. Since I'm always one for the weird humor, here's the list!

1. If you're ever lost and alone in the woods, hug a tree.
2. I could sure use a backrub right about now...
3. Monitors won't give you Vitamin D, but sunlight will.
4. Fishing wire makes bad dental floss.
5. Look both ways before you cross the street.
6. Tourniquets are not recommended unless in the direst emergency.
7. Consistency is key.
8. Just because a crosswalk looks like a hopscotch board doesn't mean it is one.
9. Odessa is a better game. Really.
10. Have you read the help file?
11. When without a stapler, a staple and a ruler will work.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home