Friday, October 19, 2007

Dream of crazy bus tours and curly blond wigs

Called Henry last night; after he figured out that I wasn't talking about ADA being sick, he said that I could call him tomorrow morning if I was up for the conference, and said that I had to keep in mind that he was picking Emily up from Vancouver. Okay, sure! Amy Y. added me on Facebook, too. Eric called from work, which means I'll call him back to say that I'm probably not up for stuff tonight - but then Pho might be good. I dunno, but I'm feeling a little better. Still, I don't want to infect everyone! Currently eating some Japanese-style peanuts that my sister got from Mexico this summer, and they're pretty good.


Had a weird dream which involved an unexpected Chinese bus tour (with white people?!) to 100 Mile House. More highlights follow:

* people who "disappeared" on the bus just before we got to Main / Terminal, which looked like a boisterous fun Chinatown district (they were actually on the bus, but selected people couldn't see them for some reason - kinda like fairies and imps and things which go BUMP in the night)

* the bus driver sharing many boxes of large pizzas with the passengers out of his own pocket - people thought that it should have been included in the tour price since it was so expensive already, but almost everyone paid in bills for their share of the pizza (and chipped in for the family with a five-year-old and a six-month-old)

* convincing the bus driver to let us off in the city, where we waited in Steveston for a ride to the Cactus Club (the service there was non-existent!)

* finally, we all went to a conference centre with good food and spacious atriums (amazing chandeliers, too!)

* Ada scolding her sons Ian and Sean for playing with curly blond wigs, and then scolding me in turn for encouraging them (she then showed me the hard bulge of her four-month pregnancy)


Not sure why I had that dream - the last time I went to the Cactus Club, the service was pretty good. As for the curly blond wig, I'm sure that seeing a photo of an adorable kid with blond curls had something to do with it, haha. I did talk to Ada briefly last night, and heard Sean in the background... but how Main / Terminal and Chinatown tie into that, I'm not sure. Haven't even thought of 100 Mile House in some time, although I once had an opportunity to get a shirt with that on it... oh well. Weird dream, for sure.


Edit: Called Eric back to say I'm NOT going tonight, and to throw my hat in the ring for the Committee duties next year. Why not, eh? Computer's faster this time around, and I'll have help and encouragement galore! (the prior experience can't hurt, either!)


What instrument would you normally play based on your personality?

Electric Guitar

You are usually found in rock bands of some kind, and you play a very important role in making rock sound like it has an edge.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home