Sunday, October 14, 2007

Delegating other people can be FUN!

This morning's service was very short, and we actually kept to the time constraint of one hour! Jon and I saw Martin, which we weren't expecting at ALL since he usually goes to another church on Sundays. Said hi to Josiah, Hannah, and Noah - my brother and I informed them that we lived in Richmond too. Randal and Jeremy sat on either side of me, so I talked to them about the hockey game / dinner / hands like ice to cool down / forwarding emails / being tired. At least Jeremy sounds not quite so sick anymore, which is a good thing. Cindy gave tomatoes WITHOUT aphids to Steph for Eric's Sunday dinner since she couldn't actually go. I noticed "it IS knees" (UNITY) and "less people" - I love Dan, but he should know better. Not something I'll make an issue of, however. Said hi to Uncle Peter, Pastor Edward, Auntie Ying, and the kids - so good to talk to them!

Went downstairs to the CROWDED basement - we all loved the ghetto presentation of the large pizza / takeout boxes from Costco as backing for the various posters! Jon was doing triple duty as spokesman for sound technicians / worship / ushering, and he delegated Stanley / Olivia / Jeremy / Angus / Sam / Nathan / Brian to help! Nathan was saying how the new church would eliminate overcrowding, and Maxine said the same thing: her little son Keenan was cute, and seemed interested in my glasses! (I remember baby Matthew at someone's wedding who was similar!) It was all very interesting to see their contact info in his handwriting - "this is how we delegate!" We saw Uncle Daniel advertising something called the Barnabas Club - basically, welcoming newcomers. YAY, something that's my cup of tea... or an area in which I can personally improve! Got some Doritos from the David booth, and Jeremy just took one out of my 16-gram bag... not that I minded, of course. We're good friends, and that's what we do! :D (Ian was crying, so I gave him a couple as well - one gram per chip, for sure!)

We joked about a bunch of stuff before we went to Sunday School - Lesley's efficient in getting everything out of the way in order for Sunday School to start! The kids today were pretty good, but a bit rambunctious. Later, I talked to some of the older kids - Rachel tried to tag me as usual, and I said hi to Sean. Went outside and talked to the R-Man for a bit about Pho plans, his liking SMALL dogs or cats, Dylan, Uncle Hansel, sharing, getting up at 5:30 AM, long drives, etc. Our family went to Mui's / Louis Garden for lunch since we'd had Pho the last two weeks - we saw Gabriel there again, haha. Discussed the family on the way home, and stopped by my place so I could get mooncake (and change Facebook status to "beleaguered and so very tired") - all good. Also went to the book sale and I got four books - Mary, Queen of Scots (Antonia Fraser / paperback), Gross Misconduct: The Life of Spinner Spencer (Martin O'Malley / paperback), The Hillside Strangler: The Three Faces of America's Most Savage Rapist and Murderer and the Shocking Revelations from the Sensational Los Angeles Trial! (Ted Schwarz / paperback), and Five Sisters: The Langhornes of Virginia (James Fox / hardcover). Also got new shoes and a sweater, plus some other stuff - yay for Mom!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home