Saturday, September 01, 2007

Facebook might help in certain situations...

I managed to get my glasses fixed at Factory Direct, then spent time buying household / office supplies at Staples and London Drugs after I ate jambalaya rice at the Cactus Club. Saw a very good guide dog - yay! Let's just hope that the 50 Write Bros. pens I bought are a bit better quality than the ordinary Paper Mates! Then again, I suppose that's why they only cost $1.30 for a pack of ten. Then I went to Chapters and found the last two shelf copies of FINAL EXITS, so I was pretty happy. Thought it wasn't there, but I was looking in the wrong section. Went to church over an hour early for laughs, and found Citrus / Cordia / Quan getting ready to go in and help with Danielle and Nathan's Internet seminar. Cordia asked if I wanted to hear an amazing story - sure, why not? Apparently, she'd told Quan to get off at Braid Station, but Quan had heard "Holdom Station" instead. I asked Cordia how you got "Holdom" out of "Braid," but she told me to ask Quan - I accordingly did, but Quan definitely didn't want to hear about it! "STORY OF SHAME!" Cordia called back to me as they went off in the direction of the 7-11. I had to chuckle over it as I went into the church myself.

Talked to Danielle about her squished picture from her laptop on the Powerpoint, and she said that she'd received my email a while ago. She'd replied in her head to say "COOL!" and thinks it'll be a good thing that she'll meet K soon enough now that she's back! After briefly joking around with Citrus and Nathan, I left to see who was at Pho - I joined Joey, Emily, their dad, and J-Mak's dad... Rich, Gabriel, and Pastor Edward joined us later. (also saw Christon) We talked about the Canucks' ugly new uniforms, Awana, the PNE, Canon discounts, recruitment for other companies, the potential new pastor in Pastor John, the Mexico trip, puking, Karen Lew on the Grouse Grind, and other such stuff. It was good times, and I found out that Uncle Patrick had unexpectedly paid for my meal - I made a point to thank him when I saw him later at the church. I also made it a point to talk to Auntie Rebecca about Awana - turns out Emily didn't get a sign-up form anyhow, so she's thinking Auntie Rebecca assumes she's helping in a couple weeks. Found out about the Awana barbecue thing at Anita and Jeff's next week - hopefully, I can get a ride there! Henry IS helping out this year, but Ada may be more reliable since she has a kid (Ian!) in Awana herself. (not that nieces aren't a reliability barometer, but last year was kinda hit-and-miss at times!) I'll talk to her on Sunday - yay for Richmond people!

Talked to Margaret, Jessica, Sheena, Dylan, Jeremy, Alan, Karen, and others before the seminar started (Hong Kong / MSN / summer): also saw a bunch of people playing STARCRAFT, which was linked to a makeshift overhead. Interesting stuff, haha. The Internet seminar was useful in that I learned some new things and FINALLY saw part of the Spoons video taken at Steph's last year - let's see Eric the soft-spoken one bully Danielle by twisting her arm while playing! Looked like good times, though! Chatrooms, Youtube (Chinese college boys singing a Backstreet Boys song!), MSN, sites like Facebook (Phil's grandma has a page!), talking on MSN (Joey: "I'm sitting here talking to you. This is very weird."), Joey's drawings on his sister's wall because he misses her ("aww!"), webcams, videos, acronyms (we can think of another interpretation for "POS" besides "Parent Over Shoulder," haha), negotiation (Nathan: "Say the parent wants one hour on the computer and the kids want ten hours - negotiation should be FIVE HOURS! HAHAHA."), ease of chatting online, etc. So funny at times, and very true! They did a good job, indeed!

Talked to Fabian and others about random things before going downstairs and engaging Randal in a ten-minute conversation about Facebook, Jose, the future, and other stuff. I know that he tried reassuring me about certain things (as did Karen later on), and I appreciate that a lot. Some of the kids I know / knew were there - so cool to see them! Talked to Jen, Jon, Grace, Karen C., Stanley, Phil, Cindy, and others about K, missing people, Dallas, Ray being Jeremy's new roommate since he didn't have a place to live (rent money more important than a beer storage facility!), Dallas getting back soon, emailing Regent people about the Whip on Sunday, the Walkathon, Dragon Ball, how we should LEAVE the church (go bug Jon, not us!), distance helping in some respects, Facebook addiction, welcoming people, headspace, extroverted people matched with introverted people (Jon / Harmony, me / K), Peter, etc.

Steph got up at 5 AM, but was too nice and drove us to Dragon Ball after we dropped Cindy off and talked about 40 Days of Community / formatting / Mike / Sam. Talked to Sheena / Christon / Karen / Fabian about cursing the church photocopier while doing camp booklets (but not with "what the BLEEP?!"), being a good sister, finishing Chalaine and Carina's bubble teas for them, pregnancy, stretch marks, "wide load," how Vivian would be on the Grouse Grind, 40 Days of Community, supreme milk tea and peach, some other weird combo Jon ordered, Eric's whereabouts (cougars?), and other stuff. Steph didn't seem too enthused about auditing stuff, but nothing you can do about it. Decided to go to the Taiwanese Cultural Festival, which should at least be interesting! Got home, and I decided I was too tired to blog before bed! That's why you're getting this post "late."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home