Sunday, August 26, 2007

Early advertising gets on our nerves!

Got up at 12:15 today, which is quite the change from the usual Sunday. Worth it to spend time with Billie and her parents watching TV, however. Ate the leftovers from last night for lunch, which was definitely good. I can relate to Austin's falling in love with it - too bad he's graduated, so he can't share Billie's food anymore at lunch! Watched a good part of ANNA AND THE KING, which has a bittersweet ending at least in movie land: Chow Yun Fat (the king) realizes he's fallen in love with Jodie Foster (English schoolteacher), but can't do anything about it - they dance together one last time before she leaves, and he says that he can finally understand how a man can be satisfied with one woman. That merited a catch in the throat from me, heh.

Before we finally got going at 4-ish (with Tara dropping me off near the bus depot), we watched some FRIENDS episodes - the advertising for 90210 reminded me of K, for some reason. There were also some crazy infomercials on: NEVER SCRUB, SPACE SAVER BAGS, etc. Talked about my not wanting to stay in Richmond just because of the Chinese population here (nothing wrong with immigrants, but I'm not one who'd stay for that reason), why I wear my hat, what we do in Awana, what time church service starts, Babak's loud music, prayer books, Holy writings, and Persian music. Her mom accidentally spoke Farsi to me, which was pretty funny. We also discussed Channel M Farsi stuff / German shows / Karen I. in Chinese news, Persian sweets where you have to brush your teeth after eating them, government blocking certain websites in both China (Dawn knows this very well) and Iran, needing to get up for school even if she's an insomniac, kids at school knowing she's an author since they saw her on TV, guitars, hair pills to darken it, and early advertising.

She says that she saw Back To School ads as soon as July was over - that is cruel! I myself have seen Christmas ads in late August (around now) - not outright commercials, but some sort of reminders. And people wonder why I hate Christmas... I like the meaning just FINE (it's special to me), but can we save the ads for maybe mid-November?! I shared how I had pretended not to know what the third special event in December was for Korey - his birthday / Christmas / New Year's, all separated by a week's time! Billie says her birthday is two weeks after Christmas, so that's neat. We can go to the Coquitlam mall another time! (or she can come to Richmond - no big deal)

I got the 160 just when it was going to leave, and got the 98 B-Line as it pulled up to the stop. Good thing I didn't go to Steamworks, haha. Not that I was seriously thinking about it, but since it was just right there... haha. While I was waiting for the final bus home, I saw these two couples engaged in mild PDA - am I a target for that this weekend, or something?! I also helped a Chinese mom and her kid with the new bus routes: the kid thought that they only worked on construction in the morning, since the bus route didn't change on the other side of the street. Hahaha, he was cute! Good to see I still have "it" when it comes to the children, heh.

Got home at 6:15, and noticed four unknown calls and one call from Eric. I called him back when I'd restarted my computer (he'd called at 3:20) - he told me that Korey had been wondering where I was, so I told him that I'd been at a friend's house... he said to tell K next time. Oh, I will... as it was, K had messaged me on MSN as soon as I signed in with a "there she is." Seems he thought I was dead, so was scared / sad / worried! He also thought that I hated him, or that it was something he said - Eric had also mentioned something of the sort, yes. No, that's not true - we love each other! Called my parents, and my dad thought that I was intruding on Billie's family - NOT TRUE IF THEY INVITED ME TO STAY THE NIGHT AND SUCH! Now I'm talking to Corey about the "green poop" Persian food, haha. He jokingly thinks I'd be greatly satisfied by literally eating poop - I DON'T THINK SO, BUDDY!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home