Saturday, September 01, 2007

Dragon Ball twice in less than 24 hours! YAY! :D

Thanks to the discussion Corey and I had a bit ago, I'm now happily listening to the Tea Party. I also got a couple calls from Eric's cell and his house - I sorted out the first, but not the second. The reason for the intervening time is that I had to take a nap after I got home from the Taiwan Cultural Festival at the Plaza of Nations. I should tell Corey about it, although of course he had the real deal earlier this year. Still, it'll be a starting point, haha.

I had an interesting dream where I was at church with a bunch of people. The toddlers in the toddler room were younger versions of some of the kids I saw yesterday, like Colin and his sister Cynthia. They seemed really grossed out and fascinated when I managed to squeeze light green poop out of one of the toys over and over, so another teacher type surrounded the offending toy with lots of other toys while forbidding the kids to go over to that corner. I saw Sheena, Chalaine, Jeremy, and Christon outside in the cage - Jeremy had got there on his bike, and invited me to hop on. I stared at him a moment, and figured that I should try it at least once even though there didn't seem to be enough room for two people on the seat. After a couple turns around the block, everyone else wanted to go to the 24-hour Pho place (Pho Xie Lua) next door to the church. In reality, it's on Broadway. We watched the chefs make the noodles and had a good time escaping from the bugs outside. No idea where that came from, but I did see all those people yesterday with the exception of Chalaine!

This morning, Jon went to pick blackberries before picking me up to go to the festival with the distaffs. Before that, I talked with Chinese Eric all too briefly about my email / Fay / bubble tea / "console" vs. "consult." I hope I get to talk to him later! On the way to the Plaza of Nations, we went to Viva Java, where I re-met Arnie: it HAS been some time since I've been there! He has a loyal customer base even if he opens late and closes early, which is good since the location doesn't exactly permit walk-in sales. (yay, Americano and other caffeine!) Says he lives across the street, and the Viva Java building is wanted by people who want to develop the land... too bad for the only custom roasting house in all of Richmond! Jon and I joked that we should make Grandma drink coffee just once to see what would happen, but I don't think she'd be too impressed! That's part of the FUN, hahaha.

Once we were in the car again, Mom asked whether K was in town soon because she wants to invite him over for a Canadian dinner - spaghetti or tuna noodle casserole is fine with ME, but I'll have to ask him which he prefers. Then she asked whether he'd popped the question yet - to my protest of "we've only been dating for about two months," she said that it was fine since we were older. Uh, we are NOT Ollie and Angel - THEIR time from first date to wedding was eight months, and Ollie was in his 40s besides! Even Jon thought Mom's question was a bit crazy, but hey... that's how my mom's like! I saw this wedding planning booth at the festival later, and almost joked that Mom should check it out, but she does NOT need any more encouragement! Reminds me, Jon saw Larry and Sandra with their hyper son Joshua and toddler Elizabeth Grace recently - Steph loved interacting with extrovert Joshua at Phil's wedding reception! "HI, JOSHUA! HOW ARE YOU?!" Larry and Sandra said that she should babysit the kids, and THEN see whether she liked them after that, haha. Jon also said that he'd told them that I had a boyfriend - meh, might as well since we never see them otherwise!

We went around downtown trying to find parking, but someone was making comments all the way - we finally decided to go for the free shuttle bus on Cordova after parking in an Impark lot, and we didn't have to wait either going there OR coming back! Saw organic noodles, nuts, Chinese books, vegetarian stuff, lots of crowds, overpriced skewers, $10 for a bag you could stuff full of instant noodles, $100-700 dolls, yogurt bars, homemade beef noodle specialty, crazy hats, artwork, crafts, and lots of other things. Mom says she saw Amanda there with a female friend, but Jon and I weren't with Mom at the time. I instead told Jon how her kids Ethan and Seren had run circles around me at Phil's wedding reception, but their sister Megan hadn't seemed too impressed with me even though I've seen her before. He then joked that she knew that I was an ug... the kid's not even two years old, so how would she know THAT?! Crazy brother...

A while later, Jon and I saw Mike T. there - it was nice bumping into him! A nice security guard gave us a table and chairs from the beer garden, so it helps to talk to people beforehand as Jon was doing! Then there was another security guard who kinda looked like K: couple that with the K-like Oscar Wilde sketch in the ENDINGS book I recently returned to the library, and that is SCARY! Haha. Mom wanted to know why K didn't like spicy food since "Spanish or Mexican people SHOULD like it!" Not all people like their culture's food, as I told her (and he's only half that ethnicity anyhow) - K has a Chinese friend who HATES cilantro AND Chinese food in general, so there you go. I once read about a 114-year-old Chinese man who HATED rice, so that's another case. Maybe the food's too much for K or he never really grew up with it, who knows... at least he can always give unwanted food items to me if he so desires. Unless I'm too full or something, in which case he's out of luck!

After leaving, we consulted Steph to see if the "sarcastic highlight CSC" audit at Uncle Patrick's was done yet. Since it wasn't, Jon and I took the distaffs to Dragon Ball - hot ovaltine tea, blackberry, the rather pedestrian (for us) combination of strawberry-banana (I was preoccupied with staking out the last empty table and such), and one of Jon's weird combos it was! Read the GEORGIA STRAIGHT, and pointed out stuff about Nardwuar the Human Serviette (20th Anniversary!) and Savage Love. Jon and I amused ourselves by getting Grandma to give us a double thumbs-up, although she had no idea how this would be useful to her since she's negative and 87 years old to boot! Eh, it's just funny to US! We had to wait a while, so we were outta there as soon as we got our stuff! Twice in 24 hours is new to me, although I'm sure it isn't to Jon! Very interesting times today, haha. Thanks to my not deleting a call from my Caller ID (which happens more and more often these days), I just logged a totally unnecessary call to Eric - oh well, at least he's understanding about it. He knows how I can get sometimes! Although I'm almost sure I *did* delete the call he made this afternoon - my head can't STILL be messed up from lack of sleep, since I took a nap! I don't think I wanna know.... o_O


Edit at 9: Okay, so I'm not crazy. Good to know. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home