Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Ambiguous human names, KIWI MASCOT, special songs

Wikipedia's list of ambiguous human names

K called at 3:35 while I was reading, and I didn't have the ringer on. Oh well... I just left him one of the most hesitating voicemail messages ever, so I officially suck / fail at being coherent this afternoon. I used Dave Brockie Experience's Damn That Money to cover certain pauses, and I hope my quasi-singing was NOT recorded - there is no way he needs / wants to hear that! :P It was something like "You called... I guess I'll, um, say hi... and um, I'll talk to you later." I'd like to think that usually I'm better than THAT at leaving messages with anyone, like Stephen when WE were dating! Guess I'm having an off day. *sad face* (and... he called again at 5:55! Yes, I officially suck!)

On a more amusing note, WHEEEEEEEEE!? now has a new icon. Being the icon person that I am, I Photobucketed it from Deborah (filteredthrough). In case you're wondering, WHEEEEEEEEE!? is this small insanity club that formed one night through comments on an unsentletters LJ post. (I think it was mine, but I'm not sure) Dan (ringsideriot) and Sophie (fallenback) make up the other members of this club. We were promised buttons, but those haven't materialized... this icon is good enough for now. Someone joked today that a kiwi would be a good mascot, so here we go! Full and icon versions:





Oh, and LIFE is Living Insanely For Eternity. (thanks, Deborah!)


I think it's time to post the Buckcherry Sorry lyrics up - it has special meaning to both me and K, haha. (I liked their song Lit Up a few years back) Speaking of which, K told me about some song called Better Man that he likes... he even tried sending it, but of course Trillian threw a spanner into the works! I immediately thought of the Pearl Jam song, and thought that it wouldn't really fit with his context! Since Photobucket has an ad for this dude named James Morrison (reminds me of the Doors singer and the Access music critic!), I decided to look up the lyrics. Knowing what I do, these verses are extra-touching! Never actually heard the song, but a quick Youtube trip will remedy that...


Song: Better Man
Artist: James Morrison

There was a time
I had nothing to give
I needed shelter from the storm I was in
And when it all got too heavy
You carried my weight
And I want to hold you
And I want to say

That you are all that I need
For you, I give my soul to keep
You see me, love me
Just the way I am
For you, I am a better man
I said you are the reason
For everything that I do
I'd be lost, so lost, without you

Under the stars
At the edge of the sea
There's no one around
No one but you and me
We'd talk for hours
As time drifts away
I could stay here for ever
And hold you this way



Song: Sorry
Artist: Buckcherry

Oh, I had a lot to say... was thinking on my time away
I missed you and things weren't the same
Cause everything inside, it never comes out right
And when I see you cry, it makes me want to die
I'm sorry I'm bad, I'm sorry I'm blue, I'm sorry about all the things I said to you
And I know I can't take it back
I love how you kiss, I love all your sounds, and baby the way you make my world go round
And I just wanted to say I'm sorry
This time, I think I'm to blame... it's harder to get through the days
You get older and blame turns to shame
[Pre-Chorus]
[Chorus]
Every single day, I think about how we came all this way
The sleepless nights and the tears you cried... it's never too late to make it right
Oh yeah, sorry!
[Chorus]

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home