Monday, August 06, 2007

Dream: Four bags of chips and repetition

Shortly after my last post, Eric Ho showed up on MSN and wanted to know whether I'd gotten his messages: I had, and the plans worked for me even though I'm unsure as to time! He figured I was excited about K's coming to visit, which is true enough. We discussed good atmospheric choices for restaurants (memories!), bubble tea, white Eric, Jon at Hon's wedding, Nathan, his cousin Aaron saying that Jon's a cool friend because of his good sense of humor, and how his cousins were in town for the first time on his birthday because of their grandma turning 80. Second star in this case isn't bad at all since he still feels special, we figure! He's definitely disappointed that Fay's not in town because he'd be in more of a celebratory mood if he got to celebrate for the first time in person with his special girl. (and he's another year older too - I definitely know what he's talking about!) Then he asked whether K would be in town for my birthday; I know that is his intent, and it does make things more special for sure! I asked what plans he had: family lunch / dinner, and MAYBE a movie. Maybe I *should* bring his birthday card along on Saturday after all...


Had a nap at around 4, complete with a weird dream: my bed was in my bathroom! I could take a shower and sleep in the same room, but somehow not get the bed soaking wet. Jeremy's voice came over the loudspeaker to remind me that it had been about a year since we started sharing things like bubble tea and utensils without the usual inhibitions about spit and suchlike. (it HAS been about a year, in reality!) Then Nathan chimed in with how I shouldn't feel guilty since that was one of the quirky hallmarks of fairly good friendship (which I agree with in reality)... like I was feeling that way before?! Crazy! I got into five Trillian conversations with various people - Candy seemed very annoyed at me, and sent me a LOT of messages saying that I'd been ignoring her for weeks and telling me about her new friend Dan who would never do that. The reality was that I just hadn't been getting any of her messages, and I tried to tell her so.

Then K wanted me to do him a favor involving affection and the purchase of four family-sized bags of a certain brand of chips, saying that he was going to repeat it. ("I do, don't I? I don't mind affection, as I've now looked it up in the dictionary! To show it, I will repeat what I say. Buy FOUR BAGS of these chips! Four bags! Four bags! Four bags!") When I said I would do him that favor, an animated graphic appeared on my screen: an orange-haired, blue-eyed caveman clad in fur jumping up and down before doing a joyful somersault. I could tell this was a dream because K typed in full sentences with proper grammar and spelling, haha. Interesting stuff, though! I know I was discussing the "Jason Y. and US Lays chips" story with Erin / Derek / Darren / Jon yesterday, and Erin contributed her own story to the festivities too. Maybe that's where it came from... :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home