Sunday, August 05, 2007

Dylan and I are getting too old for the fireworks!

Man, how to sum up last night in a few minutes? I can try doing point form, haha.

* got email from Sophia: she has a new baby girl named Anne, who was born on July 26 - SO CUTE!
* tried making plans with Jon, Eric, and Vivian by phone... we couldn't get Vivian's home number from Jon's cell, so had to resort to asking Mom
* after a long bus ride, I met Jon / Vivian / Eric / Jeremy / Christon / Dylan at Burrard Station... we'd leave Danielle and her cousins on their own (Eric: "Why weren't you on the bus before that one?")
* commence the trek to Simba's African fusion restaurant near the fireworks, while discussing various things (Julie Man and singing / Powerpoint / sound duties / Christon being up before 5 tomorrow to drive his dad to work / Eric needing to wait for me since I slow people down / my book)
* deciding to sit down and eat instead of doing takeout since it would take about the same amount of time (Dylan got claustrophobic in the crowd that was building up on the streets already, and Vivian wondered how he'd survive on the beach!)
* Eric said I could sit down in an empty seat, so I thanked him and read the GEORGIA STRAIGHT while waiting for a table (later, Jeremy served me rice, and was a nice guy in general)
* Vivian and I were going to have goat curry for something different, but it was sold out (we settled for something else, and tried the hot sauce (Jon: "Her stomach can take it, trust me!") and everyone else's curries - Jeremy didn't mind my totally used spoon near the end when I wanted him to try mine!)
* discovered that REDRUM had started.. thank goodness Vivian had what I needed!
* as soon as I got back from the washroom, Jeremy asked if I knew what 4/20 was... OF COURSE! (Dylan didn't, which surprised us - but shouldn't? Christon said that BC bud was really well-known for being good in France, and Amsterdam's stuff wasn't that good even if it was cheap vs. expensive)
* actually found a space on the beach by going through a tent, and did it without getting into a fight (Then we had to listen to drunken remarks from the group behind us involving tits, other body parts, and suchlike - this isn't Mardi Gras or Girls Gone Wild, people! When China came on, they brought up teriyaki chicken and sushi - WRONG COUNTRY!)
* on the LONG way home, Dylan and I decided we were getting too old for walking / standing for long periods of time (everyone had to help me at some point - linking arms, holding hands up a barrier, etc.)
* finally got on a Skytrain elevator (no escalators!), and headed home - so LONG! (talked to Corey for a bit, and then called K who was having wireless problems - I'll GIS Pomeranians!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home